• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

NZ : Hotels earmarked for swine flu quarantine

Sally Furniss

Well-known member
Hotels earmarked for swine flu quarantine

4:00AM Sunday May 03, 2009
By David Fisher
<!-- Ixt1-->
Three hotels have been earmarked by health officials as quarantine and treatment facilities as part of New Zealand's preparations to handle growing cases of swine flu.

The hotels, near Auckland International Airport, were rolled into the action plan to combat the virus after officials had trouble finding somewhere to quarantine international visitors.

Last week a number of hotels refused to take visitors who needed to be quarantined after showing symptoms at the airport. A spokeswoman for the Auckland Regional Public Health Service said the three hotels came forward after reading of the refusal.

The number of confirmed swine flu cases in New Zealand has grown to four. Another 12 people are considered "probable" and a further 101 of having the virus. 388 people are in isolation.

The Rangitoto College students who featured in headlines this week came free from isolation restrictions at 5am yesterday, as Lindisfarne and Hastings Girls High settled into quarantine.
<script type="text/javascript" defer="true">var adDiv = document.getElementById('adSpace3');if (adDiv) { document.getElementById('adSpace3').innerHTML = document.getElementById('INVadSpace3').innerHTML;document.getElementById('INVadSpace3').innerHTML = '';</script>
All 46 students and six teachers from the Hawke's Bay schools went into isolation after returning from a music trip in the United States on Tuesday. Four students had showed flu-like symptoms.

A New Zealander in Fiji who had travelled to Mexico is also being checked as a suspected swine flu carrier - one of two identified in the island nation.

Health Minister Tony Ryall last night praised the hard work of health professionals working on the swine flu outbreak.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10570079
 
Back
Top