• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Nova Scotia - Norovirus cases 2012

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Possible norovirus outbreak closes hospital unit to visitors

January 17, 2012 - 4:37pm By THE CHRONICLE HERALD
<!-- /.article-header-author -->

A Halifax Infirmary unit has been temporarily closed to visitors because of a suspected norovirus outbreak.

Seven patients in Nursing Unit 8.4, a community health and immediate care unit, have become ill with symptoms similar to norovirus, a Capital Health news release said.
...
http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/53007-possible-norovirus-outbreak-closes-hospital-unit-visitors

-------------------------------------------------------
Visitor restrictions at QEII Health Sciences Centre due to norovirus-like illness

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 4:23pm

Nursing unit 8.4 at the Halifax Infirmary site of the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre is temporarily closed to visitors, except for compassionate reasons, as some patients have become ill with a norovirus-like illness.

Capital Health asks members of the public not to visit nursing homes or hospitals if they are currently ill, or have close contacts who are or have been ill. Anyone who has been ill should stay away from the hospital for at least three days after his or her symptoms end, as the virus can still be transmitted during that time.

Staff members who are exhibiting symptoms of norovirus are asked not to come to work. Symptoms of norovirus include sudden onset of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and some stomach cramping. For more information on norovirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.

http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/media-c...-health-sciences-centre-due-norovirus-illness
 
Re: Nova Scotia - Norovirus cases 2012

People warned to be cautious as norovirus makes rounds

Published on January 18, 2012

NEW GLASGOW ? It may not have reached outbreak status yet, but norovirus is starting to make the rounds in the community.

Recently, Capital Health in Halifax closed some of its facilities to visitors after norovirus-like illness was reported among some of the patients.

Closer to home, some parents are saying their children are sick with similar symptoms, although the Aberdeen Hospital isn?t reporting any problems so far.

Dr. Robin Taylor, the medical officer of health for the Pictou County Health Authority, says Public Health is aware of norovirus circulating in the community, although no ?outbreaks? have been reported yet. An outbreak, she says, is defined as when hospitals, long-term care facilities and schools have 10 per cent of the population sick with norovirus symptoms on the same day.

?Just because 10 per cent aren?t out right now doesn?t mean that kids aren?t sick with this,? Taylor said.

More...
http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...ed-to-be-cautious-as-norovirus-makes-rounds/1
 
Re: Nova Scotia - Norovirus cases 2012

Norovirus closes Pictou nursing home to visitors

Published on January 31, 2012

PICTOU ? A nasty stomach bug has forced a local nursing home to close its doors.

The decision was made Monday afternoon to close Shiretown Nursing Home in Pictou to visitors after several staff members and residents came down with norovirus.

Administrator Bonnie Linkletter says the number of people affected is much lower than what normally indicates an outbreak through Public Health, but the decision was made to close the facility out of an abundance of caution.

?We?re working very closely with Public Health and the Medical Officer of Health,? said Linkletter.

The affected residents are in isolation in their rooms and are being cared for by staff, she added.

The Restorative Care Unit at the Sutherland Harris Memorial Hospital has also been closed to visitors and admissions, added Pictou County Health Authority spokesperson Eileen MacIsaac.

?We?re assessing the situation daily, you have to be 48 hours symptom-free,? said MacIsaac, who added the unit had been closed for a few days now.

The Northumberland Veteran?s Unit at the site was also closed due to norovirus a week and a half ago, but has since been re-opened.

...
http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...irus-closes-Pictou-nursing-home-to-visitors/1
 
Back
Top