• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Norovirus outbreak on cruise ship Voyager of the Seas

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://health.msn.co.nz/healthnews/8571580/cruise-ship-struck-by-outbreak-arrives


Cruise ship struck by outbreak arrives
Wed Nov 28 12:00:00 2012
AAP

Health authorities in Auckland aren't too worried about the arrival of a mega-cruise liner that was hit last week by a suspected norovirus outbreak.

The Royal Caribbean International cruise ship Voyager of the Seas docked in Auckland on Wednesday morning, arriving from Sydney on its second voyage to New Zealand.

More than 100 passengers aboard the ship fell ill with suspected norovirus on the final leg of its first 18-day cruise of Australia and New Zealand last week.

However, Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) medical officer of health Dr Simon Baker says there are now only four cases of gastroenteritis - probably due to norovirus - on board the ship, which is carrying about 4000 passengers...
 
Back
Top