• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Nigeria - A report that meningitis has killed dozens of people in this week in the North - mostly from 1 village:Gabo

sharon sanders

Editor-in-Chief & President
This report states that there have been dozens of deaths from meningitis but the weekly feedback bulletin on cerebrospinal meningitis dated 04 to 10 February 2013 is listing only two so far. A lag in reporting could verify that most of the deaths have occurred very recently.

machine translation

Meningitis kills dozens in northern Nigeria


Posted on: Friday, March 8, 2013 - 1:40 PM
Last Update: Friday, March 8, 2013 - 13:40

Abuja - ASHA
Dozens of Nigerian citizens have been killed during the past few days, died of HIV meningitis which has spread in some areas of the north.

Local residents said medical sources, nearly 100 people have been buried in the last few days after contracting the disease which struck the northern regions, especially the north-west of the country and that most of the victims were from the same village called "Gabo."

For its part, the Health Ministry said the Nigerian, that the causes of the spread of the disease is known to now, noting that medical teams were deployed in the affected areas to deal with the disease and carry out the necessary vaccinations.

On the other hand, health authorities resumed the capital city of Kano, northern Nigeria vaccination against polio after a break of almost a month because of the unidentified killing nine nurses in the clinic for vaccination against the disease.
The Nigerian media has accused the group of "Boko Haram" militant killing nurses, arguing that the vaccination against polio "forbids" because it reduces the number of Muslims in Nigeria.

http://www.shorouknews.com/news/view.aspx?cdate=08032013&id=3f6f1049-2444-44de-a572-a09350984331
 
Re: Nigeria - A report that meningitis has killed dozens of people in this week in the North - mostly from 1 village:Gabo

Source: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/03/20133851855577357.html

(Click above for video report)

Nigeria battles deadly meningitis outbreak
Epidemic claim more than 100 lives in northwest alone as health workers warn of more outbreaks.
Last Modified: 08 Mar 2013 11:33


...People in the town of Jabo ave never seen anything like the past two weeks. They have just buried 60 people.

The cause of the latest outbreak is unknown and health workers have treated people based on the symptoms they have shown...
 
Back
Top