• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Newfoundland case numbers jump to 24 confirmed

shane

Active member
Confirmed H1N1 Virus Cases Climb in Province
June 24, 2009

There are now two dozen confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus or swine flu in the province. Eastern Health has also confirmed that a case has been diagnosed at the Hoyles Escasoni Complex in St. John's. Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Allison, says a man with complex medical problems, residing at the facility has the virus, and is in stable condition. Visitor restrictions are in place and if you must visit a resident you are asked to call the nurses station first, and not to visit if you have flu-like symptoms yourself. The health board says staff are using infection control practices and movement between floors is restricted. This is the first reported case in any of Eastern Health's facilities. The province's Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Faith Stratton, says the virus has only shown up in the Eastern and Central Health regions so far. There have been no cases in the Western Health region or in Labrador. Dr. Stratton says the public should always remember that the best way to prevent the spread of all infection is to wash hands frequently and to cover coughs and sneezes.

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=37001

I don't think that anything dramatic has happened here. It is likely a case of poor journalism. On the weekends here local news stations work only with skeleton crews. All the same its shoddy journalism. The accurate case numbers are NOW easily available from Department of Health and Community Services @ http://www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/. Some people in the public blame it on the Health Minister not knowing his job and reporting the numbers himself. But in light of the huge mistakes done in accounting by the government and health boards, over botched cancer tests, no one is really surprised.
 
Re: Newfoundland case numbers jump to 24 confirmed

Since Newfoundland recently jumped from 0 to 7 in the past few days, why would a jump to 24 be a surprise?
 
Re: Newfoundland case numbers jump to 24 confirmed

Confirmed H1N1 Virus Cases Climb in Province
June 24, 2009

There are now two dozen confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus or swine flu in the province. Eastern Health has also confirmed that a case has been diagnosed at the Hoyles Escasoni Complex in St. John's. Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Allison, says a man with complex medical problems, residing at the facility has the virus, and is in stable condition. Visitor restrictions are in place and if you must visit a resident you are asked to call the nurses station first, and not to visit if you have flu-like symptoms yourself. The health board says staff are using infection control practices and movement between floors is restricted. This is the first reported case in any of Eastern Health's facilities. The province's Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Faith Stratton, says the virus has only shown up in the Eastern and Central Health regions so far. There have been no cases in the Western Health region or in Labrador. Dr. Stratton says the public should always remember that the best way to prevent the spread of all infection is to wash hands frequently and to cover coughs and sneezes.

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=37001

I don't think that anything dramatic has happened here. It is likely a case of poor journalism. On the weekends here local news stations work only with skeleton crews. All the same its shoddy journalism. The accurate case numbers are NOW easily available from Department of Health and Community Services @ http://www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/. Some people in the public blame it on the Health Minister not knowing his job and reporting the numbers himself. But in light of the huge mistakes done in accounting by the government and health boards, over botched cancer tests, no one is really surprised.

The Department of Health and Community Services would like to notify the public of the latest information pertaining to H1N1 Influenza. The province has 24 confirmed cases of H1N1 Influenza. The number of confirmed cases will be updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday by 3 p.m. NL time. As in other Canadian jurisdictions, additional cases are anticipated over the summer months and into the fall flu season.

http://www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/hsi/default.htm
 
Back
Top