• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

New Zealand: Covid-19 - 1,782 cases; 24 deaths

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...-marlborough-after-another-pair-end-isolation

Coronavirus: Two more isolated in Nelson Marlborough after another pair end isolation

Two passengers who travelled on the same flight as the country's first case of Covid-19 have ended their 14-day self isolation period without showing any symptoms of the virus.

But Nelson Marlborough Health confirmed on Friday that two more people were in isolation, under surveillance and receiving support from the Public Health Service.

The pair currently isolated had been in close contact. One had symptoms at a "low level", while the other did not currently have any symptoms. They were first isolated on March 12.

(continues)
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/coronavirus-nz-s-sixth-case-confirmed.html

Coronavirus: NZ's sixth case confirmed

New Zealand has a sixth case of the coronavirus COVID-19, officials announced on Saturday afternoon. The patient is a man who arrived here from the US on March 6. He was well last weekend, but became unwell during the week, Waitemata DHB chief executive Dr Dale Bramley said.

He was tested on Thursday, and on Friday was confirmed infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19. "The man is currently doing very well and is at home recovering," said Dr Bramley. His wife is in self-isolation, and close contacts are being asked to go into isolation too. He attended a church service at St Mary's Catholic Church in Papakura at 8:30am.

(continues)
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/poli...e-entering-new-zealand-will-self-isolate.html

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced everyone entering New Zealand must self-isolate

As the number of people worldwide with the illness nears 150,000, with 5400 dead, Ardern announced on Saturday that every person entering New Zealand will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.

The measure, which will force New Zealand citizens to self-isolate and comes into effect at midnight on Sunday, is the strictest in the world, according to the Prime Minister. All restrictions will be reviewed in 16 days.

(continues)
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...-pandemic-new-zealand-confirms-new-cases.html

Officials have confirmed New Zealand has two new cases of the coronavirus COVID-19, bringing the total to eight.

One case flew from Brisbane to Wellington, and is now self-isolating there.

The other case flew from Doha (Qatar) to Christchurch, and is self-isolating in Queenstown -- so the South Island now has its first case.

In addition, 3 others on cruise ship berthed in Akaroa in Canterbury (South Island) have been tested; results pending.
 
3 New Cases confirmed

The man in Dunedin is in his 40s and began to show symptoms five days after returning from Germany. Two of his family members, who have Covid-19 symptoms, are in self isolation.

Dr Bloomfield said the Dunedin man's son goes to Logan Park school in the city and has symptoms. If he tests positive, the Ministry of Health is recommending the school closes for 48 hours and is carefully cleaned.

The Wellington cases were a man in his 30s and his father in his 70s who had recently returned from the United States and neither of them require hospital care. They came to Auckland from Los Angeles on Saturday on American Airlines flight AA83. They then travelled to Wellington on Air NZ flight NZ419 that same day.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...in-new-zealand
 
Two other patients travelled on American Airlines flight AA83 from Los Angeles to Auckland and sat on seats 4A and 10H, arriving on Saturday March 14.

The pair then travelled to Wellington on Air New Zealand flight NZ419 the same day, he said. They sat on seats 1B and 1C.

People sitting within two seats of the pair - to the front, back, side and diagonally - would be contacted by the public health unit and Healthline.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...provide-update
 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...of-virus-cases

New Zealand has 11 new cases of Covid-19, Ministry of Health director-general of health Ashley Bloomfield has confirmed.

Of the 11, 5 are in Auckland 2 Waikato, 2 in Wellington and one in Canterbury and Hawke's Bay.

None of the new cases are in hospital - all are at home self-isolating, Bloomfield says.

The new cases brings the country's total to 39.
 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...in-new-zealand

There have been 14 new cases of coronavirus in New Zealand in the last 24 hours and the health ministry says community transmission of the virus may now be in New Zealand.

Director-general of health Dr Ashley Bloomfield said the 14 new cases were spread across four cases in Wellington , one in Taranaki, three in Auckland, one in Waikato, one in Manawatū, one in Taupō and two in Nelson.

It brings New Zealand's total to 53 confirmed cases, with a further four probable cases.

In two instances, no link to overseas travel had been found.
 
Media release


22 March 2020

Today we have 14 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed by laboratory test in New Zealand.

Locations are: Auckland 5, Northland 1, Christchurch 1, New Plymouth 2, Waikato 3 (including 1 in Hamilton), Tauranga 1, Dunedin 1.

Close contacts of all these cases are being followed up.

11 of these new cases have a history of international travel. One is a close contact of a confirmed case. Two were at the World Hereford Conference in Queenstown earlier in the month which had a range of New Zealand and international delegates.

Just over 1200 laboratory tests were carried out yesterday, bringing the total number of completed tests to 6000.
Community transmission status


There were two cases announced yesterday where community transmission could not be ruled out. Our further investigations of these two cases have still not identified a firm link to overseas travel, says Director General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield.

"For clarity, community transmission is when we cannot confirm exactly where the infection came from. As we investigate cases, close contact tracing continues to grow our understanding of the infection pathway and we can then communicate with anybody who may have been a close or casual contact and ensure appropriate action is taken. We can also then update local communities about events or situations where contact may have occurred.

"I understand that people in those areas will be concerned about the risk of transmission so I also ask that you keep up good hygiene practices, physical distancing and seek advice if you have symptoms."

Details for each of the cases mentioned today, and the tally of confirmed cases, will be on the Ministry of Health website as soon as they are finalised. The website will continue to be updated as further information is received.
Cruise ships


Dr Bloomfield provided an update on the two cruise ships, the Ruby Princess and Celebrity Solstice, which recently visited New Zealand and both of which had cases of COVID-19 confirmed after they left New Zealand.

"We are asking any passengers who left the ships during their stay to New Zealand to self-isolate for 14 days since they last had contact with other ship passengers and be aware of symptoms and seek advice if they do develop symptoms.Details of the movement of the ships can be found on our website. As mentioned yesterday we are also in direct contact with New Zealanders who were on those vessels, asking them to self-isolate and register with Healthline."
Hereford conference in Queenstown


Dr Bloomfield says public health authorities are following up delegates to a cattle conference held from the 9 to 13 of March in Queenstown, where four attendees, including two New Zealanders, have tested positive for COVID-19.

"Close contacts of those cases are being asked to self-isolate and other attendees at the conference, who are now considered as close contacts, have also been contacted and required to self-isolate for 14 days since they were in contact with people who were at that conference.

"Southern District Health Board is doing the tracking and tracing work on this, with support from the Ministry of Health."

Alert Level 2


Alert Level remains at 2.

"You’ll note that as part of Level 2, we are asking people over 70 and those with pre-existing conditions, such as chronic respiratory disease - including severe asthma, bronchiectasis and COPD - and those who are immunocompromised, to stay at home.

"A message to the over 70s. We know many of you are fit and healthy and living active lives but the older we are, the less our immune system is able to fight off this virus and we have seen from overseas that older people are at more risk of serious complications. Please heed advice to stay at home and ask friends and family, particularly children, not to visit. For the moment this might mean talking to family on phone, Skype or other methods."

Today's cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Zealand to a total of 66 (not 67, as previously mentioned) .


Also please note earlier reference to a case in Coromandel has been updated to Waikato. There are no cases in Coromandel at this time.


https://www.health.govt.nz/news-medi...-22-march-2020
 
Current case count up to 155 as of 13:20 local time. No update on the MoH web site by 15:00 so I'm guessing they no longer have time or interest in providing the level of detail they did to start with.

In all likleyhood the updating system is very manual, which was fine while the case count was low, but now the person doing it can't keep up. Hopefully someone is working on a more streamlined update method. I hope this does not mark a transition to Mushroom Management for this event. It is well established that compliance is better with a better informed population.
 
Media release


24 March 2020

There are 40 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand as at 10 am this morning.

We also have 3 new probable cases. In these cases, the person has returned a negative laboratory result, but the clinician treating the person has diagnosed them as a probable case due to their exposure history and clinical symptoms.

These cases are treated as if they were a positive laboratory confirmed case and the actions taken are the same as for confirmed cases, that is self-isolation and active contact tracing.

Therefore, our combined total of confirmed and probable cases is 155. We will now report the total combined confirmed and probable cases each day.

More details of the new cases, including the probable cases, will be provided via our website shortly and updated as new details emerge.

There are 12 cases that we can confirm are recovered. We will be updating this number also on a daily basis.

Our laboratories are working to process and clear test results as quickly as possible.

Anyone who has been tested is expected to be in strict self-isolation until advised of the result of their test.

So far, we have information on around one third of the cases reported today and all of those have a link to overseas travel, including being in the same household as someone who has returned from overseas, or they have attended a known event where transmission was occurring (eg, World Hereford cattle conference in Queenstown recently) or are close contacts of a confirmed case.

Recent travel from overseas is still the main driver of our new infections. Anybody who has recently travelled from overseas should already be in strict self-isolation. Close household contacts should be particularly vigilant for any symptoms they may develop.

At this point we are classifying four cases as community transmission – three in Auckland and one in Wairarapa. In these cases, we have been unable to confirm a definite link to overseas travel or to an existing confirmed case. Contact tracing is underway for all cases.

We continue to look carefully at all new cases as more information is reported by public health services.

More than 900 laboratory tests were carried out yesterday, bringing the total number of completed tests to over 8300.

We continue to test people who need to be tested.

As you will all be aware, we are preparing to move to Alert level 4. There is a clear consensus that the sooner we do this the better and this gives New Zealand our best chance of breaking the chain of community transmission. This will require all our efforts and I strongly urge all New Zealanders to play their part


https://www.health.govt.nz/news-medi...19-new-zealand
 
Confirmed cases in New Zealand increased by 40 today.

Including probable cases (cases that return a negative test but have been in close contact with confirmed cases) the total number of Covid-19 cases in New Zealand is now 155.

Four of those cases are being treated as community transmission. The Ministry of Health was unable to link two of the cases to travel or known cases, pointing to community transmission.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ld-on-24-march
 
Source: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national...d-19-cases-fit-pattern-of-victims-being-older

Early analysis suggests NZ Covid-19 cases fit pattern of victims being older
25 minutes ago
Kate Newton , Senior Journalist, In Depth


Two-thirds of New Zealand's Covid-19 cases so far are in older people but the patterns are still too "idiosyncratic" to draw any strong predictions from, a researcher modelling the virus says.

Among the New Zealand cases, slightly more males have been infected - 77 compared with 65 females. File photo Photo: AFP

New Zealand has 155 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and the Ministry of Health has released age, gender and location details for 142 of them.

Like many countries overseas, many of New Zealand's cases are in older people. There are 94 cases in people aged 40 and older, or 66 percent...
 
Back
Top