• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

New Zealand: Covid-19 - 1,782 cases; 24 deaths

"Household contacts are in isolation as a precautionary measure. Public health officials have begun tracing the patient’s other close contacts to ensure appropriate protection measures are in place, including on the flight involved which originated in Tehran and came via Bali."

The Ministry of Health "It has asked anyone who was concerned and on the final leg of flight Emirates EK450 arriving Auckland on Wednesday February 26, to call the Healthline number 0800 358 5453. "

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/first-case-coronavirus-confirmed-in-new-zealand
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...at-supermarkets-as-panic-buying-ramps-up.html

Coronavirus: Queues at supermarkets as panic-buying ramps up

Panic-buying appears to have kicked in, with confirmation the coronavirus COVID-19 has arrived in New Zealand. And supermarket bosses are urging people to "resist" the urge to stock up.

Lines at a Pak'nSave supermarket in Auckland were out the door on Friday evening, following the confirmation of New Zealand's first case.

(continues)
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...down-fears-says-thousands-could-die-here.html

Coronavirus: Lance O'Sullivan admits he 'got it wrong' in playing down fears, says thousands could die here

...

If the virus gets loose in New Zealand, based on what we've seen so far, it's likely at least 5000 people would die - and that's a conservative estimate based on what happened on the Diamond Princess, a cruise ship on which the virus ran rampant.

(continues)
 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...-of-health-launches-public-awareness-campaign

Coronavirus: At least 23 people who sat near NZ coronavirus patient will be closely monitored

...

The patient - in their 60s - had travelled to New Zealand from Iran via Bali and Dubai on flight EK450, which arrived in Auckland early Wednesday.

...

Officials are concentrating on contacting people in the immediate rows in front of and behind the infected passenger, amounting to 33 seats, 20 of which were allocated to passengers. The flight was not full. Three other people came and occupied empty seats during the flight, he said.

Healthline staff were proactively contacting the rest of the flight as a courtesy.

(continues)
 
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/410761/two-monitored-for-coronavirus-in-nelson

Two monitored for coronavirus in Nelson

Nelson-Marlborough Health has confirmed that two people from the region are being monitored for any signs they have contracted coronavirus.

A health board spokesperson said the two were passengers on the Emirates flight from Dubai to Auckland, via Bali, on which a traveller was confirmed on Friday as having the virus.

The two people in the Nelson-Marlborough region were now in isolation and were being monitored daily by the Nelson Marlborough Public Health Services, but neither had been tested.

(continues)
 
3.3.2020

Passenger on Bali Auckland Flight on 26 February confirmed with COVID-19

A passenger who flew from Tehran to Auckland through Dubai and Bali has been confirmed with COVID-19 and is now in isolation in Auckland City Hospital.

The woman travelled from Bali to Auckland on Emirates flight EK450 arriving at 5.25am on Wednesday 26 February. Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) will be contacting passengers in rows close to the person now diagnosed with the virus.

The Ministry of Health will be communicating with other international health agencies for passengers exposed on the other legs – Tehran to Dubai and Dubai to Bali.

Passengers in Row 37 – 40 on EK 450 arriving 26 Feb

ARPHS will be in contact with people in these rows who were close to this passenger, using details from flight arrival cards. People in these rows are considered close contacts, and will be asked to go into self-isolation for 14 days. Passengers in these rows can also ring ARPHS on 09 623 4600. Advice on self-isolation and a fact sheet for close contacts are available on the ARPHS website.

Public Health staff will check these passengers regularly for symptoms such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing.

Passengers elsewhere on the flight

Everyone on board should keep an eye out for the symptoms, but remember that there are a lot of diseases that you can catch overseas. There is advice for casual contacts, people who have been in the same space as someone with the virus, but not in face to face contact.

If passengers do become unwell, they should phone Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and tell the staff they may have been exposed on this flight.

Airport staff who processed this flight

You are not considered at risk from this case. If you would like more information on COVID-19, please check our resources here or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or see the Auckland Regional Public Health Service COVID-19 page.


https://www.arphs.health.nz/news/confirmed-case-of-covid-19-in-auckland/
 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-po...toms-but-tests-refused-at-wellington-hospital

Coronavirus: Showing symptoms but tests refused at Wellington Hospital

People with coronavirus-type symptoms are reportedly being turned away from testing at Wellington Hospital because they don't fit strict criteria.

As the Government awaits the results of two more people "highly suspicious" of having the virus, a senior Wellington Hospital doctor has told Stuff, under the condition of anonymity, that tests for Covid-19 were being refused for patients, even if they were showing symptoms of the virus.

(continues)
 
There aren't any confirmed cases in Nelson yet, but people still reacted to the announcement that there might soon be some:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/sm...and-hand-sanitiser-after-covid19-announcement

Nelson businesses report a run on freeze-dried food, anti-viral herbs and hand sanitiser after COVID-19 announcement

Half an hour after Friday's Covid-19 coronavirus announcement of the virus arriving in the country, Nelson entrepreneur Andrew MacDonald's phone began pinging.

When the Absolute Wilderness director checked his phone, he saw that his freeze dried meals were flying off his virtual shelves.

(continues)
 
Source: https://www.miragenews.com/second-case-of-covid-19-confirmed-in-nz/



March 4, 2020 9:50 am AEDT
Second Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in NZ

The second case of COVID-19 is confirmed in a New Zealand citizen. The woman in her 30s recently returned to Auckland from northern Italy.

The results of the test were formally reported to the Ministry at about 6pm on Tuesday evening.

At that point, health authorities began notifying the woman and her family and started the process of contact tracing.

Although we have our second case of COVID-19, with continued vigilance the chance of widespread community outbreak is expected to remain low.

The woman confirmed with COVID-19 is in self-isolation in her home with appropriate clinical support from public health and district health board staff. Self-isolation at home is recognised by the World Health Organization as an appropriate response for people with mild to moderate symptoms. She doesn’t require hospital level care...
 
Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12313960

Coronavirus: Third case confirmed in New Zealand
5 Mar, 2020 6:55am
NZ Herald

A third case of coronavirus has been confirmed in New Zealand.

Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield told RNZ he had received a report last night of a third positive test of Covid-19.

The case comes just one day after a woman in her 30s was confirmed to have the virus after arriving back in New Zealand on February 26 from northern Italy, where there is an outbreak.

That woman then took two domestic flights between Palmerston North and Auckland on March 2.

She also visited two medical centres before being diagnosed. Health authorities are contact tracing for the woman, who is in self isolation.

Her partner is also in self-isolation is displaying symptoms - his test for the virus is expected back later today...
 
Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12313977
Coronavirus: Auckland clinic staff unaware infected patient treated on site
5 Mar, 2020 12:33pm

A staff member at a busy Auckland medical centre which treated a woman with coronavirus says the doctor who saw the woman continued working after taking her swabs and only took leave when the results came back positive for Covid-19.

And the staffer at Westgate Medical Centre was concerned they found out about the confirmed case through the news.

The clinic says it followed Auckland Regional Public Health guidelines and the patient didn't make close contact with anyone but the doctor.

It was this morning announced by Health Minister David Clark that there is now a confirmed third case of coronavirus, unrelated to this case.

The woman seen at Westgate Medical Centre had returned to Auckland from a holiday in northern Italy via Singapore on February 25...
 
Source: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...nfirms-fourth-case-covid-19-coronavirus-in-nz


Ministry of Health confirms fourth case of Covid-19 coronavirus in NZ
Breaking 8 min ago • Source: 1 NEWS
The Ministry of Health has this morning officially confirmed a fourth positive test for coronavirus Covid-19 in New Zealand.
1 NEWS

The result came from a New Zealand citizen in his 30s, and is the partner of the second case confirmed earlier this week...
 
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...orker-contracts-coronavirus-staff-warned.html

New Zealand Steel worker contracts coronavirus, staff warned

New Zealand Steel has warned employees a worker at its Auckland site has contracted coronavirus.

Newshub obtained a letter sent to staff by chief executive Gretta Stephens on Thursday saying New Zealand Steel had been told earlier that morning an employee at its Glenbrook site had tested positive for COVID-19.

(continues)
 
Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12314491

Fourth coronavirus patient was at Tool rock concert with thousands of Aucklanders
6 Mar, 2020 1:22pm
By: Jason Walls
Jason Walls is a political reporter for the New Zealand Herald

The fourth person in New Zealand diagnosed with coronavirus attended the Tool rock concert at Spark Arena last Friday...

... "We encourage all people in the area of the concert to be aware of the symptoms and contact the Healthline if concerned," Bloomfield said.

"The advice is that the risk is very low for all others who attended this concert."

Casual contacts at the Tool concert could be in the hundreds, Bloomfield said...
 
At a press conference, Bloomfield confirmed there is now a fifth positive case - a woman in her 40s.

She is the partner of the third case - a man also in his 40s from Auckland

This was fitting the pattern of spread within existing families, he said. Most human-to-human transmission was happening within families, Bloomfield said.

The woman was in self-isolation at home and has been since earlier in the week. Like three of the other cases, this person did not require hospital level care.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/12...give-an-update-on-coronavirus-situation-in-nz
 
Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12314792

Coronavirus: Five confirmed NZ cases, two more probable, 43 hospital staff isolated
8 Mar, 2020 5:32am
By: Cherie Howie
Reporter, NZ Herald

A fifth person in New Zealand has been diagnosed with coronavirus - with two more probable cases including a Kiwi woman caught up in an outbreak on a cruise ship.

The fifth New Zealand case is a woman in her 40s who is the partner of the third person diagnosed with Covid-19 in this country, a man believed infected by a relative who recently returned to New Zealand from Iran.

She was already in self-isolation and did not require hospital-level care, said Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield...
 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...med-case-let-down-by-private-health-providers

Coronavirus: Woman with second confirmed case 'let down' by private health providers

A woman diagnosed with New Zealand's second confirmed coronavirus case believes some private healthcare providers downplayed her concerns and were confused about the disease. The Auckland woman arrived in New Zealand on February 26 after visiting northern Italy. She is the only person in New Zealand with coronavirus to speak out.

The mother-of-two said just as she returned home, news was breaking about a surge of coronavirus cases in northern Italy. She felt slightly unwell, and tired - but initially put it down to having just stepped off a long flight. But as news of the virus' spread elsewhere continued to circulate, she sought medical advice. She claimed one healthcare professional told her she could tell she didn't have coronavirus "just by looking" at her. One doctor she spoke to soon after arriving home said the family did not have to quarantine themselves, she said.

(continues)
 
Back
Top