• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

New Hampshire - Norovirus cases 2013

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
April 25. 2013 10:13PM

Pembroke Academy illness attributed to norovirus

By DOUG ALDEN
New Hampshire Union Leader

Tests have confirmed that norovirus - not food poisoning - caused members of the Pembroke Academy drama club to become frighteningly ill last week, state health officials said Thursday.

Students and school staff initially thought the illness came from take-out food a parent brought for the cast during a dress rehearsal for a "A Midsummer Night's Dream" last Wednesday. Students started vomiting about half an hour after eating and some were so ill they had to be hospitalized.
...
More than a dozen students became ill about half an hour after eating take-out from the Olive Garden and many suspected the food was what caused the illness. But Jose Montero, New Hampshire director of public health, said right away he thought it was norovirus. The state had already had five outbreaks this month and this week's confirmation brings the total to six.
...
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130425/NEWS04/130429401
 
Back
Top