• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Nepali dies of swine flu in Qatar - confirmed as 2nd fatality

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=213923

One Nepali dies of swine flu
Dinesh Regmi
QATAR, Sept 9 - A Nepali national has been killed by the AH1N1 virus more popularly known as swine flu in Qatar.

Doha-based Public Health Department confirmed the death of Sheikh Harun, a permanent resident of Narkatiya-2VDC, Rautahat district on Wenesday.

His nephew Sadari Alam, also working at Qatar, informed Harun died while undergoing treatment at local Hamad Hospital on Sunday, a week after doctors confirmed him of having contracted the deadly virus. Harun had suffered from normal flu on August 20.

Harun had been working at Qatar for last eight years. According to his relatives, he is survived by his wife and three sons.

Nepali embassy at Qatar said it has finalised the legal procedures for returning his body to Nepal. Embassy spokesperson Ram Kaji Khadka informed that the embassy had already obtained the 'No Objection Letter' for bringing the body to Nepal.

Harun is the first Nepali to have succumbed to swine flu pandemic ever since its outbreak in Mexico few months ago.



Posted on: 2009-09-09 09:29:03 (Server Time)
 
Re: Nepali dies of swine flu in Qatar

Re: Nepali dies of swine flu in Qatar

Source: http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Di...September2009&file=Local_News200909112466.xml

Death of Nepalese causes concern
Web posted at: 9/11/2009 2:46:6
Source ::: THE PENINSULA

DOHA: The death of a Nepalese expatriate in Qatar recently has triggered concern in the community after reports appeared in a section of the Nepalese media that the man died of swine flu.

Health authorities in Qatar have not yet confirmed the incident.


The Nepalese embassy here has identified the deceased as Sheikh Harun, who was a resident of Qatar. A senior official from the embassy said the man died at the Hamad General Hospital a few days ago.

A death certificate issued by the hospital has cited the cause of death as ?severe H1N1 pneumonia,? the official told this newspaper yesterday.
The body will be sent home shortly after the legal formalities are completed, added the official.

A senior official from the Communicable Diseases Control and Vaccination section at the Supreme Council of Health, however, said the department had no information about the incident.
The SCH has so far confirmed only one death in Qatar due to swine flu.

The embassy official said the mission had come to know about the death when the representative of the company where Harun worked approached it, seeking help to complete the legal formalities for sending the body home.
 
Re: Nepali dies of swine flu in Qatar - confirmed as 2nd fatality

Source: http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=314420&version=1&template_id=57&parent_id=56

Send Article Print Article
Nepali expatriate dies of H1N1 flu in Al Khor



Qatar yesterday reported the second H1N1 death. The first case was reported a month ago.

An official source at the Supreme Council of Health told Qatar News Agency (QNA) that the new victim was a 40-year-old Nepalese Muslim who died at Al Khor Hospital after being diagnosed with carrying the H1N1 virus.

The patient, identified as Sheikh Harun (40), was admitted to the hospital five days ago with H1N1 symptoms. His condition worsened later because he was suffering from pneumonia.

The health council said Harun worked at Qatar?s Daawa centre, which aims at spreading Islam among labourers, and had been in continuous and direct contact with others.

Harun is survived by his wife and three sons back home.

The council said it was continuing its efforts in co-ordination with the Hamad Medical Corporation on steps to counter H1N1 flu in the country.

Harun is the first Nepali to have succumbed to swine flu pandemic ever since its outbreak in Mexico few months ago.

Qatr?s first H1N1 victim was a 36-year-old national.
 
Back
Top