• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Namibia: Covid-19 cases - 9,437 cases; 98 deaths

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Saturday, 1. February 2020 - 19:42

Health Ministry confirms suspected case of Coronavirus at Swakopmund

Information about a woman who was rushed to the Swakopmund Hospital, allegedly with signs of the Coronavirus, went viral on various social media platforms.

The Executive Director in the Ministry of Health and Social Sevices, Ben Nangombe, confirmed a suspected case is being monitored.

Video:
https://www.nbc.na/news/health-minis...akopmund.28131
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Coronavirus case suspected, but not confirmed

News - National | 2020-02-01
by Tuyeimo Haidula



HEALTH minister Kalumbi Shangula says a patient admitted at a Swakopmund hospital is suspected to have the coronavirus, but it is not a confirmed case.

Shangula told The Namibian this evening that the patient reported as a suspected case of the coronavirus infection falls short of the standard case definition of coronavirus.

He said the patient, aged 30, travelled to Sydney, Australia, and entered Namibia through Hosea Kutako International Airport, where she was screened and cleared.

The patient stayed in Khomasdal in Windhoek and travelled to Swakopmund on Thursday (30 January). She went to the Swakopmund district hospital on Friday complaining of a headache, running nose and coughing, but no history of fever.

“According to the patient, she was on an aeroplane with people from China who were wearing masks and coughing,” Shangula said.
...
https://www.namibian.com.na/87660/read/Coronavirus-case-suspected-but-not-confirmed
 
Source: https://www.zimlive.com/2020/03/14/...virus-cases-as-disease-spreads-in-sub-sahara/

Namibia reports first coronavirus cases as disease spreads in sub-Sahara
Namibia suspects flights from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany as Independence celebrations cancelled
ByReuters
15:05, 14 Mar 2020

WINDHOEK, Namibia – Namibia on Saturday became the latest in a growing list of sub-Saharan African countries to report their first cases of coronavirus.

A couple from Romania, who travelled through Spain and arrived in the Southern African country on Wednesday, both tested positive and had been quarantined, Health Minister Kalumbi Shangula said.

Namibia, the Kingdom of eSwatini, the Seychelles, Ethiopia and Rwanda have all reported their first coronavirus cases over the last 48 hours amid mounting fears the pandemic could overwhelm the world’s poorest continent...
 
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/89435/read/Namibia-records-third-Covid-19-case

Namibia records third Covid-19 case
News - National | 2020-03-20
by Charmaine Ngatjiheue

NAMIBIA has recorded its third case of a coronavirus infection, after a 61-year-old German national who travelled to Namibia tested positive for the virus.

Health minister Kalumbi Shangula told a press conference in Windhoek yesterday that the German man arrived in Windhoek on 13 March from Zimbabwe. He had first travelled to Amsterdam from Germany on 23 February and then went to Zimbabwe on 4 March...
 
Source: https://www.nbc.na/news/eleven-positive-covid-19-cases-namibia.29708

Eleven positive COVID-19 cases in Namibia
Saturday, 28. March 2020 - 22:01

Dr Bernhard Haufiku confirmed three more cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. Like the first eight cases, the latest three cases are also travel-related.
An unsigned document circulated on social media revealed the information last night.
However, when NBC News asked Health Minister Dr Kalumbi Shangula about its authenticity he said, "All pending results are negative. Any positive result will be announced by me publicly."
The ninth case is a 35-year-old Namibian female, who resides in South Africa, came to Namibia on 20 March...
 
Source: https://informante.web.na/namibia-registers-two-more-covid-19-cases/


Namibia registers two more COVID-19 cases
Posted by Staff Reporter
Date: Apr 01, 2020

The husband and child of a 35-year-old woman who tested positive for COVD-19 at the start of the weekend are currently in isolation in Swakopmund after their test results also came back positive.

The Minister of Health and Social Services, Dr. Kalumbi Shangula, today announced that the infection of the two latest cases is an incidence of communal transmission, and brings the total number of infections reported in the country so far to 13.

The only other case of communal transmission is a person who came into contact with a 61-year-old German national who was reported as the third case in Namibia.
Dr. Shangula said that the German national has since made a recovery and was discharged from the hospital where he was kept in isolation until Tuesday...
 
https://allafrica.com/stories/202004050073.html

Namibia has recorded two more cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to 16.

Health minister Kalumbi Shangula made this announcement this morning at the Covid-19 daily update.

Shangula said case number 15 involve a Namibian who came into contact with an infected person who was in the country from South Africa, but had since left.

The other case is that of a Namibian health professional who had travelled to South Africa and returned to Namibia presenting symptoms of the coronavirus.

The two new cases reported their symptoms at the Robert Mugabe clinic in Windhoek.
 
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/90015/read/Seven-quarantined-people-show-Covid-19-symptoms

Seven quarantined people show Covid-19 symptoms
News - National | 2020-04-06
by Charmaine Ngatjiheue

SEVEN people, who are part of those quarantined in both the Khomas and Zambezi regions are showing symptoms of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

Deputy health minister Esther Muinjangue made the revelation this afternoon at the Covid-19 information centre.

In a brief interview with The Namibian, the deputy minister could not confirm whether these people have been tested...

...Namibia's Covid-19 confirmed cases are still at 16, with 13 active cases, the health deputy minister said. ..
 
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/90058/read/Sixteen-health-workers-in-self-isolation

Sixteen health workers in self-isolation
News - National | 2020-04-08Page no: 1
CHARMAINE NGATJIHEUE and SHINOVENE IMMANUEL

SIXTEEN health professionals, who came into contact with a doctor who tested positive for Covid-19, are in self-isolation.

This includes six doctors, five interns and five nurses.

Health minister Kalumbi Shangula yesterday confirmed this to The Namibian.

The health ministry said over the weekend the 46-year-old medical practitioner, who is one of the latest positive cases, had travelled to South Africa...

He was tested on 30 March at the Robert Mugabe Clinic after complaining of a fever, chills, body aches and a sore throat.

Sources claim he had to insist on getting tested.

On 4 April, his results returned positive. The medical professional is now in isolation and is reportedly in a stable condition...

...the total number of cases in Namibia stands at 16...
 
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/90266/read/Community-transmission-Covid-19-cases-suspected

Community transmission Covid-19 cases suspected
News - National | 2020-04-15
by Charmaine Ngatjiheue

THE national coordinator of the Covid-19 task force, Bernard Haufiku, says they suspect there are undetected cases of Covid-19 community transmission in the country.

Speaking at the Covid-19 communication centre this afternoon, Haufiku said scientifically it is not possible for Namibia to not have recorded any new cases for the past 10 days.

“It could be the fact that we are not testing enough people is the reason why we have no new cases reported. However, Namibia is following the guidelines for testing,” he said.

The national coordinator noted that the 16 confirmed cases show that Namibia has been able to contain the virus adequately, but the nation needs to be cautiously optimistic.

“I do not mean to be pessimistic, but we might have more cases out there,” Haufiku said...
 
Back
Top