• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Namibia - Cholera outbreak 2025-2026

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/namibia-confirmsone-cholera-case/

Namibia confirms one cholera caseBy Puyeipawa Nakashole

12 March 2025

The Ministry of Health and Social Services has reported that for the first time in 10 years a case of cholera has been confirmed in the Kunene region.

This was reported yesterday by the health ministry’s executive director, Ben Nangombe.

“On 2 March 2025, a 55-year-old female patient presented at the Opuwo District Hospital in the Kunene region, exhibiting symptoms of watery diarrhea for the preceding two days,” he said.

Nangombe added that following her admission, the patient received appropriate treatment as per established guidelines.

“A stool sample was collected on 3 March and sent for laboratory testing.

The outcome confirmed a positive result for cholera on 10 March. The patient has since recovered and was discharged in a stable condition,” Nangombe said.​..
 
image.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	1014976

/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuwo
--------------------------------------------------------
Health ministry declares cholera outbreak at Opuwo

By Puyeipawa Nakashole

19 June 2025

The Ministry of Health and Social Services has officially declared a cholera outbreak in the Opuwo district.

This comes after confirmation of two cases of Vibrio cholerae 01, which is a strain known for causing outbreaks.

Health minister Esperance Luvindao announced this during a press briefing on Thursday morning.

“The preliminary tests have been made on the reported eight suspected cases, as well as the confirmatory tests for the six cases. We have now received the confirmatory test results for the first two cases,” she said.
...
Luvindao said the first four suspected cases, in three children and one adult, were all from the same household at Opuwo.
...

https://www.namibian.com.na/health-ministry-declares-cholera-outbreak-at-opuwo/
 
Source: https://namibiadailynews.info/namibia-reports-2nd-cholera-outbreak-in-2025/

Namibia reports 2nd cholera outbreak in 2025
November 28, 2025

WINDHOEK, Nov. 28 — Namibia declared a new cholera outbreak in the country’s north-central town of Grootfontein, marking the country’s second outbreak this year, health authorities said on Thursday.

Nambian Minister of Health and Social Services Esperance Luvindao said laboratory tests confirmed the Vibrio cholerae bacteria in a patient who presented at the Grootfontein District Hospital on Nov. 18.

As of Monday, six suspected cases had been recorded, with three confirmed, Luvindao said, adding that all cases originated from an informal settlement in Grootfontein and had no recent travel history.​..
 
image.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	141.0 KB ID:	1027554

/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grootfontein
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grootfontein grapples with cholera … 22 confirmed cases, more suspected

2026-01-12
BY OTNIEL HEMBAPU

Grootfontein, one of the Otjozondjupa region’s most dense urban centres with a population of almost 30 000 inhabitants, is grappling with rising cases of cholera outbreak, with the latest figures showing a total of 22 confirmed cases.

The region’s health director, Gerbhado Timotheus, confirmed that from the latest 83 samples tested, 22 returned positive and results from another 40 samples tested negative, while outcomes from more samples are still pending.

...
https://neweralive.na/grootfontein-grapples-with-cholera-22-confirmed-cases-more-suspected/
 
Back
Top