• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Namibia: 2017/2018 Crimean Congo (CCHF)

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Namibia reports second Congo fever case
March 1, 2017 World News

Namibia has confirmed a second case of Congo fever in the country this year, days after a 26-year-old farm worker died with the disease at a hospital 200 km from Windhoek, a report said.



A local media cited Health Minister Bernard Haufiku as saying on Wednesday in the capital.

?The second confirmed case involves a man from the south of the country.

?He is now receiving treatment in the Gobabis District Hospital, where the first Congo-fever patient died on Feb. 22,?? Haufiku said.
...
http://tribuneonlineng.com/namibia-reports-second-congo-fever-case/
 
Three in isolation after Congo fever death

News - Health | 2017-08-11Page no: 1
by Nomhle Kangootui

THREE people, who were in close contact with a man who died of Congo fever on Wednesday, have been admitted to the Windhoek Central Hospital, and are being kept in isolation.

The 63-year-old man, whose name could not be disclosed due to confidentiality issues, was admitted on 7 August after he was transferred from a private hospital where he had been admitted on 4 August.

Acting health permanent secretary Bertha Katjivena confirmed the death, saying the deceased had first complained of a headache, chills, body aches, nausea and vomiting.

She said the man had travelled from the Uukwandongo village in the Okahao district of the Omusati region to Windhoek for an event on 1 August.
...
?The investigation will be done in the district where the deceased came from in the Omusati region. An active case search is ongoing, and the people at the village are being closely monitored. All individuals who came into contact with the deceased are being monitored on a daily basis,? Katjivena stated.

This is the third case of the fever reported in Namibia this year.
...
http://www.namibian.com.na/57835/read/Three-in-isolation-after-Congo-fever-death
 
Source: https://www.newera.com.na/2018/02/07/another-congo-fever-case-recorded/


Another Congo fever case recorded
February 7, 2018
Alvine Kapitako

Windhoek-The Ministry of Health and Social Services yesterday confirmed one case of Crimean Congo fever in the country.

The medical superintendent at the Windhoek Central Hospital, Dr David Uirab, told New Era that a 23-year-old man is being kept in isolation at Windhoek Central Hospital because the disease is highly contagious.

The man, who has a history of tick bite, was transported from Gobabis and is from a nearby village in the area.

The man is doing well and has responded well to treatment since being admitted to hospital, authorities said. Yesterday his blood tests confirmed that he has Congo fever, it was said at a media briefing yesterday afternoon...
 
Source: https://www.newera.com.na/2018/04/04/breaking-congo-fever-patient-dies/

BREAKING: Congo fever patient dies
April 4, 2018

The Ministry of Health and Social Services today confirmed that the 37-year-old Keetmanshoop man who last week tested positive for Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic fever, known more as Congo fever, died on Tuesday morning.

According to a statement signed by Dr Bernard Haufiku, the Minister of Health and Social Services, the man contracted the virus while assisting a neighbour with slaughtering a cow that was reportedly infested with ticks on Independence Day...
 
Back
Top