• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

N.L.: 2021/2022 Covid cases

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/nl-covid-19-march-25-22-1.6397561

Elderly hit hardest as N.L. posts 9 more COVID-19 deaths
35 people have died from COVID-19 since March 1
CBC News · Posted: Mar 25, 2022 2:38 PM NT | Last Updated: 33 minutes ago

Nine people have died from COVID-19 since Wednesday in Newfoundland and Labrador, raising the province's death toll to more than 100 people since the pandemic hit in March 2020.

Seven of the deaths are in the Eastern Health region and two are in the Central Health region. One person was over the age of 70, while the rest were over the age of 80...

...Public Health also reported 961 new cases of the virus since Wednesday: 454 on Thursday and 507 on Friday.
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-march-28-2022-1.6399794

With 40 COVID-19 hospitalizations, N.L. hits another record high
Province also reporting 2 more deaths since last update
CBC News · Posted: Mar 28, 2022 12:53 PM NT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

Forty people are in hospital due to COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador, another record high for the province.

The previous record was 33, set Friday. Seven people are in critical care. Earlier this month, when 20 people were hospitalized, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Janice Fitzgerald said the province's health-care system could handle double or triple that load.

"Certainly it's difficult to put a number on it because sometimes it depends on the level of care that's needed as well, but I think our system certainly would be able to manage between 40 and 60 cases," she said March 9, as the province was preparing to drop almost all public health restrictions related to the pandemic.

Officials have said the province's health-care capacity for COVID-19 hospitalizations is around 60 people.

The Health Department is also reporting two more deaths, raising the total since March 2020 to 103, including 37 deaths in March alone...
 
Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-l-rep...-town-stays-closed-to-curb-outbreak-1.5841449

N.L. reports seven more COVID-19 deaths; Labrador town stays closed to curb outbreak
The Canadian Press
Published March 30, 2022 3:35 p.m. EDT

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -

COVID-19 has killed seven more people in Newfoundland and Labrador, bringing the total number of pandemic-related deaths in the province to 110.

Numbers posted to the province's online COVID-19 dashboard indicate there are 40 patients hospitalized because of the disease, including 11 in intensive care.

Officials are reporting 920 new confirmed COVID-19 cases since Monday.

Public buildings remain closed today in the Labrador community of Makkovik, along the region's north coast, in an effort to curb an outbreak of the disease.

The mayor of the Inuit community, Barry Andersen, says he closed public facilities so the town's small health-care team wouldn't be overrun with COVID-19 patients...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-19-april1-1.6405170

6 more COVID-19 deaths in N.L., raising 8-day total to 24
But COVID-19 hospital patients have dropped 2, down to 38
CBC News · Posted: Apr 01, 2022 1:10 PM NT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Six more people in Newfoundland and Labrador have died of COVID-19 over the past two days, raising the province's total to 116 deaths since the pandemic began.

Of that total, 24 deaths have happened over the past eight days..

Of the six new deaths announced Friday by Public Health, three people were in the Central Health region, two were in the Eastern Health region, and one was in Western Health.

Most of them were elderly: three were 80 or older, two were in their 70s, and one was in their 60s.

The number of hospitalizations has dropped slightly — from a high of 40 earlier this week to 38 — but there are still 11 people in critical care, unchanged since Wednesday.

Public Health is also reporting 688 new cases of the virus since Wednesday's update — 299 on Thursday, and 389 on Friday.

That number, though, is not an accurate reflection of the spread of COVID-19 in the province, as the Health Department has restricted who is eligible for a PCR test.

New subvariant in N.L.

The Health Department said between 35 and 40 per cent of samples screened in the province are now BA.2, a subvariant of the original Omicron virus...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-4-2022-1.6407567

Two more people have died due to COVID-19, raising Newfoundland and Labrador's total since the pandemic began to 118.

One person was in the Central Health region and the other was in Eastern Health, the Health Department announced Monday. One person was over 80 years old and the other was in their 70s.

The department also announced 674 new cases since Friday — 293 on Saturday, 227 on Sunday and 154 on Monday — but no longer provides data for how many tests are being done, and the new case count does not necessarily reflect the true spread of COVID-19 in the province.
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-6-2022-1.6410113


N.L. hits new COVID-19 hospitalization high with 47, records 4 more deaths
12 deaths reported in April so far
CBC News · Posted: Apr 06, 2022 12:56 PM NT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to climb in Newfoundland and Labrador, setting another record Wednesday with 47 people in hospital — four more than the previous high of 43, set Monday.

Nine people are in critical care, unchanged from Monday's update.

The province also reported four more deaths, raising the total to 122 since March 2020, including 12 deaths reported just this month...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-11-2022-1.6415699

N.L. reports 6 COVID-19 deaths, critical-care numbers rise
35 people are in hospital, 7 in critical care
CBC News · Posted: Apr 11, 2022 12:28 PM NT | Last Updated: 6 hours ago

Six people have died due to COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador since Friday, raising the province's total to 130 since the beginning of the pandemic, 20 of those deaths announced in April alone.

Two deaths were in the Eastern Health region, three were in Central Health and one was in the Labrador-Grenfell Health area — just the second reported COVID-19-related death in the region.

Two of the people who died were in their 70s, while the rest were 80 years old or older.

Hospitalizations have dropped to 35 from 41 on Friday. There are seven critical-care admissions, an increase of two since Friday...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-13-2022-1.6418087

7 new COVID-19 deaths as N.L. expands boosters for seniors and teens
Province reports 1st death of person in their 30s due to COVID-19
Mike Moore · CBC News · Posted: Apr 13, 2022 9:35 AM NT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador will begin offering a first COVID-19 booster dose for people between 12 and 17 years old starting April 25, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Janice Fitzgerald said Wednesday.

Fitzgerald said the decision is based on the evolving epidemiology of COVID-19, recommendations made by Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization on Tuesday and the potential decrease in protection from vaccines over time.

People in that age group will be eligible for a booster when 22 weeks has passed since their second dose...

...On Wednesday the province reported seven new deaths, raising the total to 137, with 27 reported in April alone.

One was in the Western Health area, two were in Central Health and four were in Eastern Health.

Four of those people were at least 80 years old, two were in their 70s and one was in their 30s — the first reported COVID-19 death of a person in their 30s in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Fitzgerald said the province will likely see another wave of COVID-19 in the fall, but the province isn't planning to bring back mandates and restrictions...

...The province also reported 451 new cases since Monday's update: 205 on Tuesday and 256 on Wednesday. The case numbers are not an accurate representation of the true spread of COVID-19 in the province since the Health Department has restricted testing and is no longer releasing the data for tests completed.

As of Wednesday, 32 people are in hospital because of COVID-19, down three since Monday. Six people are in critical care.

Those cases are included in what the Health Department said was 119 people in hospital with the virus on Monday — either a person hospitalized because of the virus or a person who has the virus but is hospitalized for another reason —down from a peak of 144 on March 21...
 
Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/newfoundland-and-labrador-reports-five-more-covid-19-deaths-1.5865761

Newfoundland and Labrador reports five more COVID-19 deaths
The Canadian Press
Published Monday, April 18, 2022 2:12PM ADT

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -- Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting five more deaths attributed to COVID-19 since the province's last update on Wednesday.

The latest deaths bring the province's total to 142 since the beginning of the pandemic.

Data posted Monday on the province's online dashboard indicates 34 people are in hospital due to COVID-19, including six patients in critical care.

The number of hospitalizations linked to the disease has increased by two since the last report.

The province is also reporting 723 new COVID-19 cases over the last five days..
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-20-2022-1.6424475

With 10 new COVID-19 deaths, N.L. marks largest single increase in pandemic
31 people are in hospital, 7 in critical care
CBC News · Posted: Apr 20, 2022 12:53 PM NT | Last Updated: 6 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador reported 10 deaths due to COVID-19 on Wednesday, the largest increase of deaths in a single update to date.

It brings the total deaths in the province to 152 since the beginning of the pandemic, 42 of them so far this April alone.

Of the 10 deaths that occurred since the last provincial update on Monday, six people were 80 years old or older, two were in their 70s and two were in their 60s...

...Thirty-one people are in hospital due to COVID-19 as of Wednesday's update, with seven of those in critical care.

In data provided to CBC News by the Department of Health, 448 people had been admitted to hospital because of the virus between March 14, 2020 and April 14, 2022.

The Omicron variant plays a major factor in that number. Since Omicron's onset in December up to April 14, 350 people had been admitted to hospital.

The data shows since the beginning of the pandemic, the largest proportion of hospitalizations have been people over 80 years old. That age group comprises 27 per cent of all hospitalizations.

The province is also reporting 368 new cases since Monday's update — 189 on Tuesday and 179 on Wednesday.
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-april-22-2022-1.6427397

April becomes N.L.'s deadliest COVID-19 month, with 5 more deaths reported
47 people have died due to COVID-19 so far this month
CBC News · Posted: Apr 22, 2022 12:21 PM NT | Last Updated: 3 hours ago


Newfoundland and Labrador reported five new COVID-19 fatalities Friday, making April the deadliest month to date in the ongoing pandemic.

Since 2020, 157 people in the province have now died due to COVID-19, with 47 of those deaths reported this month alone.

The grim tally surpasses the previous peak of 44 deaths reported in March.

Three of the deaths were in the Eastern Health area, while Central Health and Western Health had one each.

Like many other recent deaths, the latest reports involve the elderly. Three people were 80 years old or older and two were in their 70s.

As of Friday's update, 25 people are in hospital. Seven people are in critical care...
 
Back
Top