• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Morocco - Cases - 28

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Morocco records first swine flu case

12 June 2009 | 09:53 | FOCUS News Agency

Rabat. Authorities in Morocco have detected a first case of the swine flu virus in a young woman recently returned from Canada, the health ministry said Friday, cited by AFP.

The 18-year-old woman, who had been studying in Montreal, flew back to Casablanca on Wednesday and then on to the central city of Fes on an internal Royal Air Maroc flight, a statement from the ministry said.

The woman's father contacted a local doctor on Thursday after she showed flu symptoms and tests later confirmed she had contracted A(H1N1) influenza.
The World Health Organization declared a swine flu pandemic on Thursday, ratcheting up its alert to the maximum level of six.

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n184098
 
Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 2

Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 2

Second passenger from Montreal-Morocco flight has swine flu


CANWEST NEWS SERVICEJUNE 13, 2009

RABAT, MOROCCO -- Morocco reported its second swine flu infection on Saturday - a young man who was on a flight from Montreal with the person diagnosed as the first case, the health ministry said.

The new case is "a young Moroccan man, 29 years old, who returned from Canada in the same plane" as a young woman diagnosed on Thursday as the first case of A(H1N1) virus in the north African country, a statement said.

The second case was discovered during health checks of the passengers on the flight from Montreal to Casablanca on June 10, the ministry added.

He has been hospitalized in Casablanca and is said to be in stable condition.

The first patient, an 18-year-old woman who had been studying in Montreal, and members of her family have been placed in quarantine for eight to 10 days in Fez, about 200 kilometres east of the capital, Rabat.

Health officials said Saturday she has been treated with anti-virals and her condition has improved.

Passengers on the flight with the infected woman from Casablanca to Fez have also been contacted, the ministry said.

The World Health Organization declared a swine flu pandemic last Thursday, ratcheting up its alert level to the maximum of six.

Swine flu has so far infected almost 30,000 people in 74 countries and claimed 145 lives since it was first detected in Mexico in April, according to the latest WHO figures.

Montreal Gazette

http://www.canada.com/Health/from+Montreal+Morocco+flight+swine/1693761/story.html
 
Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 3

Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 3

Morocco: a third case of influenza A / H1N1 detected

The Kingdom of Morocco was detected on Saturday, a third case of influenza A / H1N1 Casablanca reported Monday Bayne Way.

The virus was identified on a girl of seven years living in Montreal who had just arrived in Morocco.

A few hours earlier in the night from Friday to Saturday, a second case was diagnosed in a young Moroccan living in Canada.

The latter had traveled aboard the same aircraft as the first case detected in Fez, on Thursday, June 11 (Monday 15 June - 12:38)

http://www.afrik.com/breve16525.html
 
Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 8

Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 8

Morocco confirms 8 H1N1 flu cases


www.chinaview.cn 2009-06-19

RABAT, June 18 (Xinhua) -- The Moroccan health authorities have confirmed eight A/H1N1 flu cases since the introduction of the virus in the north African country a week ago.

Seven of the eight patients came on flights from Canada between June 9th and 15th, and the eighth came from the United States, Health Minister Yasmina Baddou said before the weekly cabinet meeting.

The minister said all eight are being treated in the university hospitals of Fez, Rabat and Casablanca, and are in good condition.

The country have previously detected 19 cases suspected of bearing the virus since April 28, through the fever detectors, installed in the country's larges airports. Seventeen of them are tested free of virus, while results for the other two have not yet been released.

http://www.chinaview.cn/sf/latest.htm
 
Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 9

Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 9

Health of 9th swine flu case 'normal', medical source


Rabat - The health condition of the Moroccan 18-year-old man diagnosed on Saturday with the H1N1 virus is "normal," Director of the Rabat University Hospital Centre, Yasser Sefiani said on Monday.

The young man had arrived Saturday in a flight from Canada and was admitted to the Hospital.

He is being administered medicine to curb the virus progress, Sefiani told MAP, adding that the young man will be soon released and that all his relatives are under medical control.

A ward has been equipped in the Rabat university hospital to receive swine flu patients, he said.

The other eight confirmed cases have made full recovery, health authorities said.

http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/box4/health_of_9th_swine/view
 
Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 13

Re: Morocco - H1N1 - Confirmed Cases - 13

Four new cases of swine flu confirmed in Morocco

APS

Rabat - Four new cases of influenza A (H1N1) were confirmed in Morocco on Wednesday to 13 the number of people affected by the virus of swine influenza, it was said an official source.

Four new cases are children in Rabat -2, 2 sisters in Marrakech (South) - were hospitalized, according to the same source.

The last review of the Ministry of Health reported on 21 June of nine cases of swine flu confirmed these being all infected persons of Moroccan nationals recently arrived in Canada and the United States.

http://www.marrakechnews.com/Quatre-nouveaux-cas-de-grippe-porcine-confirmes-au-Maroc_a2594.html
 
Re: Morocco - Cases - 20

Re: Morocco - Cases - 20

Influenza A/H1N1: 20th recorded case in Morocco

Rabat - A 20th case of influenza A/H1N1 was recorded in Morocco and is currently hospitalized for treatment M'diq, said Saturday a news release from the Ministry of Health.

This is a Moroccan national, aged 49 years and residing in Spain, back home for the summer, said the same source.

The patient was hospitalized in Ho pital Mohammed VI to M'diq for therapeutic care in a state of stable health, "says one.

In total, 3 cases are under treatment in hospital, including one (the Casablanca) hospital leaving in the next few hours, added the release.
Since 11 June, the Ministry of Health has identified 20 confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 all from abroad, mostly from Canada, said the same source, indicating that among these cases, 17 have left the service hospital where they received the necessary treatment under optimal conditions of protection, completely restored.
 
Re: Morocco - Cases - 28

Morocco confirms 28 cases of A/H1N1 flu

2009-07-19 15:14:11

RABAT, July 19 (Xinhua) -- Twenty-eight cases of influenza A/H1N1 cases were confirmed in Morocco up to Saturday, health authorities said.

Two new cases were documented Saturday after checks on five possible cases, a statement of the Healthy Ministry said.

A 32-year old Moroccan woman coming from Britain and an 18-year-old U.S. citizen who has just arrived in the north African country from Spain were diagnosed with the A/H1N1 virus.

Out of the 28 confirmed cases since the virus was introduced in Morocco in early June 22 have left hospitals after being totally cured, the statement said.

The remaining six cases are under medical treatment and show no signs of seriousness, according to the ministry.

In late June, a 20-year-old Moroccan woman died in Spain from the virus, becoming Spain's first A/H1N1 fatality. The woman had given birth to a baby boy at a hospital in Madrid just one day before passing away.

According to a recent report of the World Health Organization (WHO), the disease has infected more than 95,000 worldwide and killed 429.

In light of its rapid spread worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) last month raised the A/H1N1 alert to its highest level, formally declaring that it had developed into a global pandemic.
 
Back
Top