• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

More Toledo-area people have likely died from the flu

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
As Toledo-Lucas County Health Department officials warn that more people have likely died from the flu over this last weekend, more information has become available about one of the victims who died from the H1N1 strain of the virus just before the new year.


The victim, James A. Crosby, 50, of Temperance, died Dec. 28 in Toledo Hospital. Mr. Crosby was a truck driver who recently became employed by Spader Freight Service in Clyde. He did not get a flu shot because he was very healthy and didn?t feel he needed one, said his mother, Linda Crosby.
Crosby Crosby
Enlarge

The other known victim of H1N1 in Lucas County was 62-year-old Toledo resident Connie Bucklew, who died Jan. 7 in Toledo Hospital. Ms. Bucklew was semiretired after working more than 30 years in the insurance industry. She also did not get a flu shot this year, said her husband, Jim Bucklew.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/2014/01/14/More-local-people-have-likely-died-from-the-flu.html
 
Re: More Toledo-area people have likely died from the flu

Source: http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/2014/01/15/More-in-area-reported-dead-from-flu.html


Print Story
Published: Wednesday, 1/15/2014 - Updated: 53 minutes ago

Two more reported dead from flu in Toledo area
Flu vaccine shot encouraged by health department as area death toll rises to 7
BY MARLENE HARRIS-TAYLOR
BLADE STAFF WRITER


Health officials in Lucas County and Lenawee County said today that two more people have died from flu-related illnesses, bringing the area's total number of flu victims to seven in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.

Lenawee County health officials confirmed a man in his mid-50's who died last week is the first reported flu-related death in that area.

The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department said they learned today that a 60-year-old man from Curtice, Ohio died from influenza at St. Charles Hospital in Oregon. Five people have died in Lucas County, one in Monroe County, and the additional victim in Lenawee County.

Patsy Bourgeois, Lenawee County health officer, would not provide information about where the man lived or where he died. She said ?he likely died from H1N1..."
 
Back
Top