tetano
Editor, Senior Moderator
Officials at the Toledo Lucas County Health Department said today there were likely more deaths from the flu virus over the weekend.
Larry Vasko, health department deputy commissioner, said he is waiting on official confirmation from the hospitals on the number of deaths.
The Toledo area remains on high alert as the flu season has taken a dramatic turn in the last week.
Health department officials announced Friday that two people have already died from the H1N1 strain of the virus in Lucas County during the last two weeks.
Toledo resident Connie Bucklew, 62, died Tuesday and a 50-year-old Temperance man died Dec. 28. Both were in Toledo Hospital. Ms. Bucklew was semiretired after working more than 30 years in the insurance industry.
The man who died was not identified by health officials.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/...s-County-health-department-officials-say.html
Larry Vasko, health department deputy commissioner, said he is waiting on official confirmation from the hospitals on the number of deaths.
The Toledo area remains on high alert as the flu season has taken a dramatic turn in the last week.
Health department officials announced Friday that two people have already died from the H1N1 strain of the virus in Lucas County during the last two weeks.
Toledo resident Connie Bucklew, 62, died Tuesday and a 50-year-old Temperance man died Dec. 28. Both were in Toledo Hospital. Ms. Bucklew was semiretired after working more than 30 years in the insurance industry.
The man who died was not identified by health officials.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/...s-County-health-department-officials-say.html