• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
120 students out sick, School closes to disinfect for possible Norovirus

Posted: 3:20 PM
Last Updated: 42 minutes ago

TROY, Mich. (WXYZ) - The Oakland County Health Department says the highly contagious Norovirus may be the reason why a large number of students and staff members were out sick at the International Academy East in Troy. The school will be closed Friday to allow custodial staff to disinfect the building.

Only International Academy East is affected at this time. It is located on Torpey Drive in Troy.

Read more:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...ol-closes-to-disinfect-for-possible-norovirus-
 
Troy, Michigan - School reopens after norovirus outbreak

Troy, Michigan - School reopens after norovirus outbreak

Troy school reopens after norovirus outbreak

December 06, 2010 7:46 AM

TROY, Mich. (AP) - A suburban Detroit school closed last week after a fast-spreading norovirus forced at least 120 students and eight staff to stay home has reopened.

Spokeswoman Kerry Birmingham tells WWJ-AM the International Academy East in Troy reopened to students Monday after the school was thoroughly cleaned using hospital-grade disinfectant.

Full text:
http://www.wwmt.com/news/school-1384599-troy-norovirus.html
 
Last edited:
Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Norovirus cases reportedly on the rise

Thursday, December 09, 2010
Rebecca Trylch

GENESEE COUNTY (WJRT) -- (12/09/10) -- Along with the cold and flu, another virus is making the rounds in Genesee County and other parts of the state.

Health officials report cases of the norovirus are on the rise. Around this time every year the norovirus begins to spread.

A few residents are already showing symptoms at Genesee Gardens, a retirement living facility in Flint Township. That's why management put a red stop sign flyer on the front doors to alerting visitors. They're trying to prevent the spread of the virus that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramping...

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=7833322
 
Re: Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Posted: <!-- h:nn am/pm -->Dec. 19, 2010


Sickness closes Rochester Hills nursing home to visitors


By ELISHA ANDERSON
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER


No visitors are being let into a Rochester Hills nursing home this weekend after a suspected viral outbreak. Residents also aren?t being let out of Boulevard Health Center.

It?s a precaution not to spread a suspected gastrointestinal outbreak, Boulevard Health Center receptionist Denise Miller said.

Nursing home officials will decide whether visitors will be allowed back in on Monday, she said...


 
Re: Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Wash those hands! Kalamazoo County health officials report 'sharp increase' in norovirus cases

Published: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 3:10 PM Updated: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 3:12 PM

By Julie Mack | Kalamazoo Gazette The Kalamazoo Gazette


KALAMAZOO --The Kalamazoo County health department has issued an advisory about a "sharp increase in the number of people ill with norovirus" in the past week.

"We don't have any numbers" because norovirus cases don't have to be reported to the health department, said Linda Buzas, Kalamazoo County health director. But "we're getting lots of calls from lots of different places" reporting a spike.

More...
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/05/wash_those_hands_kalamazoo_cou.html
 
Re: Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Spring Arbor University postpones commencement exercises

May 11, 2011 | Category: General

Due to sickness consistent with the Norovirus or Noro-like virus, Spring Arbor University (SAU) has postponed its May 14 spring commencement ceremonies until Saturday, May 21, at 2:30 p.m. in the SAU Fieldhouse. Final exams will continue as scheduled.

Tuesday evening the University confirmed in excess of 170 campus students reporting an illness. Spring Arbor University?s Holton Health Center has been in communication with the Jackson County Health Department and the State Health Department concerning the appropriate course of action to be taken to help prevent further spread of this illness.

All non-academic related activities have been cancelled from Wednesday, May 11, through Sunday, May 15, 2011. These activities include alumni events, National Christian College Athletic Association baseball regional tournament, and other public-related events. The fitness room, pool and other facilities are closed to the public through Sunday, May 15.

?These decisions are preventative and consistent with the medical advice received. Of utmost concern for all of us is the safety and health of our campus community and the families and friends planning on participating in the various academic year-end activities. Spring Arbor University has a responsibility of doing what is in the best interest of our students, faculty, staff and visitors to campus,? says University President Charles Webb.

For any questions regarding this press release, please contact Damon Seacott, chief of staff at 517.204.5348.

http://www.arbor.edu/edu_newsDetail.aspx?id=76979
 
Re: Michigan - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Norovirus circulating in Washtenaw County, Public Health Department warns

6:45 AM, Dec. 28, 2011

Norovirus, a gastrointestinal illness, is circulating in Washtenaw County, the county Public Health Department warned.

Several outbreaks of the illness have been reported to public health in the past month, according to the county department. One of the outbreaks was confirmed as norovirus, which is common this time of year.

The department did not say where the outbreaks were reported.

More...
http://www.freep.com/article/201112...ment-warns?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
 
Back
Top