Tonka
Well-known member
http://www.provincia.com.mx/12-09-2011/279105/
Spanish to English translation
Confirmed two cases of hepatitis A in Sonora
Notimex / Province
Hermosillo, Sonora .- The Ministry of Health confirmed that two cases of hepatitis A, and 14 suspects under study in the rural area of the capital.
Undersecretary of Health Services, Gustavo Antonio L?pez Caballero, said at a news conference that are identified the two patients with the disease in the San Pedro station Saucito.
He explained that in this region, located about ten kilometers northeast of the city, staff of the Ministry of Public Health maintains surveillance since September 2 when he reported two confirmed and 14 suspected cases of hepatitis A.
It is believed that the origin of cases of hepatitis in that station is because it communicates with a sewage spill that occurred during the last week of July, which coincides with the date of onset of children.
Therefore, he stressed, is possible that the source of infection has been on campus, "it is highly unlikely that these children have developed symptoms have been infected within the school."
He explained that the sewage situation is controlled, for the Municipality of Hermosillo has worked in the repair of the sewer.
The state official said that to date the incidence of this disease declined by 70 percent compared to last year, but did not disclose such data.
However, he said, should not be vigilant and should continue with preventive measures of this disease such as hand washing and hygiene in food preparation.
For its part, the Health and Safety Coordinator School of the Ministry of Education and Culture (SEC), Jos? Roberto Planagum? stressed that we review that school facilities are kept hygienic.
It has also distributed fliers to prevent the disease, and cleaning materials clean the campus.
Spanish to English translation
Confirmed two cases of hepatitis A in Sonora
Notimex / Province
Hermosillo, Sonora .- The Ministry of Health confirmed that two cases of hepatitis A, and 14 suspects under study in the rural area of the capital.
Undersecretary of Health Services, Gustavo Antonio L?pez Caballero, said at a news conference that are identified the two patients with the disease in the San Pedro station Saucito.
He explained that in this region, located about ten kilometers northeast of the city, staff of the Ministry of Public Health maintains surveillance since September 2 when he reported two confirmed and 14 suspected cases of hepatitis A.
It is believed that the origin of cases of hepatitis in that station is because it communicates with a sewage spill that occurred during the last week of July, which coincides with the date of onset of children.
Therefore, he stressed, is possible that the source of infection has been on campus, "it is highly unlikely that these children have developed symptoms have been infected within the school."
He explained that the sewage situation is controlled, for the Municipality of Hermosillo has worked in the repair of the sewer.
The state official said that to date the incidence of this disease declined by 70 percent compared to last year, but did not disclose such data.
However, he said, should not be vigilant and should continue with preventive measures of this disease such as hand washing and hygiene in food preparation.
For its part, the Health and Safety Coordinator School of the Ministry of Education and Culture (SEC), Jos? Roberto Planagum? stressed that we review that school facilities are kept hygienic.
It has also distributed fliers to prevent the disease, and cleaning materials clean the campus.