• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Manitoba: Covid-19 cases - 1,393 cases; 16 deaths

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/three-presumptive-cases-of-covid-19-confirmed-in-manitoba-1.4850953

Three presumptive cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Manitoba
Danton Unger
Editorial Producer - Digital
Published Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:23PM CST Last Updated Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:39PM CST

WINNIPEG -- Provincial health officials have confirmed two more presumptive cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba.

The province said two men in their 30s, both in the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority tested poisitive for COVID-19. In both cases, the province said it appears the men were exposed to the virus through recent travel.

The province said preliminary information shows people who were on the following flights on March 7 and March 8 may have been exposed to COVID-19:

Philippines Airlines flight PR 466 from Manila to Incheon, Korea – rows 48 to 54;

Air Canada flight AC 0064 from Incheon, Korea to Vancouver International Airport – rows 30 to 36;

Air Canada flight AC 8624 from Vancouver International Airport to Winnipeg – rows 24 to 29.

Anyone who was on these flights is being asked to self-isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms for 14-days since their last known contact or exposure...
 
Source: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/manitoba-is-closing-all-of-its-schools-due-to-covid-19-1.4852176

Manitoba is closing all of its schools due to COVID-19
Danton Unger
Editorial Producer - Digital
Published Friday, March 13, 2020 12:35PM CST Last Updated Friday, March 13, 2020 1:27PM CST

WINNIPEG -- Manitoba's education minister announced that all classes will be suspended in the province over concerns regarding COVID-19.

On Friday, Education Minister Kelvin Goertzen, joined by Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister, said that kindergarten to Grade 12 classes will be closed for a period of three weeks, effective March 23.

This closure comes after the province announced the first of three COVID-19 cases in Manitoba, has been laboratory-confirmed...
 
our COVID-19 cases confirmed in Manitoba, more than 600 people screened
Posted: 03/14/2020 12:32 PM | Last Modified: 03/14/2020 12:54 PM | Updates

Four cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Manitoba, the chief provincial health officer said Saturday.

Dr. Brent Roussin said the three presumptive positive COVID-19 cases previously announced have been lab confirmed, bringing the province's total number of confirmed cases to four. All appear to be travel related.

Officials with Manitoba's health authority are urging the public to have patience as screening and testing for potential COVID-19 cases continue...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-coronavirus-update-1.5498470

3 more presumptive cases of COVID-19 identified in Manitoba
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 15, 2020 10:50 AM CT | Last Updated: 6 minutes ago

The Manitoba government has identified three more presumptive cases of COVID-19, it announced at a news conference today.

The update brings the number of cases identified in the province to seven.

The fifth case is a man in his 70s, and the sixth case is a woman in her 70s who the province said was likely exposed to the virus through recent travel. The seventh case is a woman in her 50s...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/mantioba-health-coronavirus-update-news-conference-1.5501507

14 Manitoba coronavirus cases believed travel-related, health officials still investigating 15th
Chief public health officer emphasizes importance of social distancing over isolation
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 18, 2020 10:57 AM CT | Last Updated: 32 minutes ago

The total number of confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases remains at 15 in Manitoba, chief public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said Wednesday, with 14 of the new cases believed to be related to travel and the 15th still under investigation.

Roussin used Wednesday's morning news conference about coronavirus in Manitoba to emphasize that people must continue to practice social distancing to fight the pandemic.

"This is going to be one of our most important strategies to limit the impact of this virus in our communities," he said at the news conference.

"This is not the time to be going out to crowded bars or to restaurants."...
 
Source: https://www.manitobapost.com/manitoba-news/covid-19-holding-at-17-118636



Covid-19 Holding at 17
Manitoba Post Staff By Manitoba Post Staff
20 March 2020

WINNIPEG - The number of Covid-19 cases in Manitoba remains at 17 at this time.

Surgery programs across Manitoba will begin suspending elective (non-urgent) surgical procedures starting Monday, March 23. This will help ensure staff, beds, equipment and supplies remain available and flexible for COVID-19 response.

Hospitals across the province will continue with scheduled surgeries for cancer, trauma and other surgeries that cannot be delayed. Time-sensitive orthopedic, obstetrical, gynecology and ophthalmology surgeries will also continue.a Surgery slates will be examined to ensure proper patient care continues and any affected patients will be contacted about changes to their care...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid-19-manitoba-daily-update-1.5507859

1 new case of COVID-19 in Manitoba, public health officials say
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 24, 2020 9:02 AM CT | Last Updated: 2 minutes ago

There is one new case of COVID-19 in the province of Manitoba, chief public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said Tuesday.

There are now 21 confirmed and probable cases of the coronavirus in Manitoba.

The latest case is a Winnipeg man in his 40s. Investigations are ongoing into whether he contracted the virus while travelling, Roussin said at the daily news briefing...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-wednesday-march-25-1.5509282

14 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba
Woman in critical condition, girl under age 10 among new patients
Caitlyn Gowriluk ? CBC News ? Posted: Mar 25, 2020 9:09 AM CT | Last Updated: 2 minutes ago

There are 14 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba, chief provincial public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said at a news conference Wednesday.

That brings the total to 35 cases of the coronavirus in the province.

One Winnipeg woman in her 60s is in critical condition in the intensive care unit, Roussin said.

Roussin is aware of one case of COVID-19 in Manitoba that involves a health-care worker. The person was not on the job when they contracted the virus...
 
Source: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/province-expands-testing-as-new-covid-19-case-reported-1.4869164

Province expands testing as new COVID-19 case reported
Charles Lefebvre CTV News Winnipeg Published Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:34AM CST Last Updated Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:55AM CST

WINNIPEG -- Manitoba has expanded who it will test for COVID-19 as another new case was reported in the province.

Dr. Brent Roussin, the province’s chief public health officer, announced Thursday morning testing will now include additional groups who are at risk of contracting or spreading the virus and show respiratory symptoms.

The testing now includes healthcare workers and those who live and work in remote or isolated communities or group settings. This includes those in correctional facilities, shelters, long-term care or residential facilities or remote work camps. The testing will also include First Nations communities...

... The newest case of COVID-19 is a man in his 20s from Winnipeg.

According to Roussin, there appears to be a link to “a previously announced case of COVID-19” with the newest case, but the province is still working to confirm details.

With this new case, the total number of confirmed and probable positive cases in the province is now 36...
 
Source: https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/s...irst-death-related-to-covid-19-569162142.html


More restrictions in Manitoba as first death related to COVID-19
By: The Canadian Press
Posted: 03/27/2020 11:26 AM | Comments: 0

WINNIPEG - The Manitoba government is reporting its first death related to COVID-19 and is reducing the size of public gatherings to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Dr. Brent Roussin, chief public health officer, says a woman in her 60s who was in intensive care earlier this week has died.

Roussin also says there are three additional cases of COVID-19 in the province, bringing the total to 39.

Starting Monday, gatherings are to be capped at 10 people, down from the current 50...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.5514028

8 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba, bringing total to 72
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 29, 2020 9:16 AM CT | Last Updated: 4 minutes ago
Health officials give update on COVID-19 in Manitoba LIVE

There are eight new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba, bringing the province's total to 72 cases.

Health officials made the announcement at a news conference at the Manitoba Legislative Building Sunday morning...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.5514946

24 more cases of COVID-19, 4 people in hospital in Manitoba
1 person in intensive care, 1 woman in her 60s died last week
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 30, 2020 1:43 PM CT | Last Updated: an hour ago

Manitoba has 24 new cases of COVID-19, with four patients in hospital, the chief provincial public health officer said on Monday.

The total number of COVID-19 cases provincewide has increased to 96.

Of those cases, four people are in hospital, including one person in intensive care. Two people have recovered.

The province reported its first death from the virus on Friday: a Winnipeg woman in her 60s, who died after she was admitted to an intensive care unit in critical condition...
 
Source: https://steinbachonline.com/local/24-additional-cases-of-covid-19

24 Additional Cases Of COVID-19
Category: Local News
Published: Wednesday, 01 April 2020 13:15
Written by Shannon Dueck

An additional 24 cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Manitoba. As of 9:30 Wednesday morning, the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba is 127. Of those, eight cases are within Southern Health. Six of the cases in this region are confirmed positive, while the other two are probable positive.

The data also shows:
• four individuals are currently hospitalized including three in intensive care;
• four individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
• the total number of deaths reported in Manitoba remains at one.

Cadham Provincial Laboratory performed 1,130 tests Tuesday. As of April 1, a total of 10,044 tests have been performed...
 
Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/6767611/thursday-coronavirus-update-from-manitoba-health-officials/

Manitoba announces 40 new cases of COVID-19; more health care staff test positive
By Elisha Dacey Global News
Posted April 2, 2020 11:11 am
Updated April 2, 2020 3:04 pm

Manitoba health officials say the province has 40 new COVID-19 cases.

As of Thursday, Manitoba had 167 probable and confirmed cases. One person has died, five people were in hospital and 11 have recovered.

Dr. Brent Roussin, the province’s chief public health officer, confirmed on Wednesday Manitoba is now seeing cases of community transmission.,,
 
Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/6774679/...ials-to-give-daily-coronavirus-update-friday/

15 new cases, 2nd death recorded in Manitoba due to COVID-19
By Elisha Dacey Global News
Posted April 3, 2020 1:40 pm
Updated April 3, 2020 3:01 pm

Manitoba health officials say another person has died in Manitoba due to the novel coronavirus and has recorded an additional 15 cases.

Dr. Brent Roussin, the province’s chief public health officer, said the person who died was a man in his 50s with underlying medical conditions. He was in the intensive care unit before he died.

As of Friday morning, this brings Manitoba’s total to 182 probable and confirmed COVID-19 cases. Two people have died, nine people were in hospital with six in intensive care and 11 have recovered...
 
Source: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/12-new-cases-of-covid-19-in-manitoba-1.4882577

12 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba
Mason DePatie
ideo Journalist

Published Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:33AM CST Last Updated Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:55PM CST

WINNIPEG -- Provincial health officials announced 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba and the opening of a self-isolation centre during a news conference Saturday morning.

Dr. Brent Roussin, the province's chief public health officer, said there are no additional deaths, but ten are in hospital, with six in intensive care.

The 12 new cases brings Manitoba's total to 194 probable and confirmed COVID-19 cases....
 
Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/6780893/coronavirus-manitoba-briefing-april-5/

Coronavirus: Nine new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba Sunday, total stands at 203
By Erik Pindera Global News
Posted April 5, 2020 1:14 pm
Updated April 5, 2020 2:58 pm

Manitoba has nine new cases of COVID-19, public health officials said at a Sunday briefing.

...Eleven Manitobans are in hospital — seven of them are in intensive care. Seventeen people have recovered from the disease...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid-19-daily-update-monday-1.5523344

Non-surgical masks may help prevent spread of COVID-19, Dr. Roussin says at coronavirus briefing
'If you choose to wear a non-medical mask, if you go out in the public, you may be protecting others'
Rachel Bergen ? CBC News ? Posted: Apr 06, 2020 12:33 PM CT | Last Updated: a minute ago

Manitobans can help reduce the risk of spreading the novel coronavirus by wearing non-medical masks, chief provincial public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin says.

While symptomatic people account for most of the spread of COVID-19, there is growing evidence of asymptomatic spread as well, and wearing a covering can help prevent that, Roussin said at a news conference Monday morning...

...Manitoba has one new case of the novel coronavirus, bringing the number of lab-confirmed and probable positive cases to 204 on Monday, Roussin said.

There are still 11 people in hospital and seven in intensive care, he said...
 
Back
Top