• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Macao raises pandemic alert level as more A/H1N1 cases reported in Asia

Sally Furniss

Well-known member
Macao raises pandemic alert level as more A/H1N1 cases reported in Asia
www.chinaview.cn 2009-05-19 09:57:32 Print

MACAO, May 19 (Xinhua) -- As Japan reported more A/H1N1 flu cases among students and shut schools, the government of Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) Monday decided to raise the pandemic alert phase from level IV to V, stepping up the prevention measures against the flu.

Level V is only one step from the highest phase under Macao's alert system. With the higher alert level announced, direct flight passengers from Japan, in addition to Mexico, the United States and Canada, will be required to undergo medical tests upon arriving at the Macao International Airport, and local students will need to test their body temperature before entering their schools, while those previously adopted measures will continued tobe exercised, the SAR's Health Bureau said.

Meanwhile, the Bureau also said that a 31-year-old and a 24-year-old local female residents who showed flu symptoms after flew back to Macao respectively from Canada en route U.S. and directly from the U.S. recently have been ruled out of being infected with the A/H1N1 flu.

In addition, five people who had close contact with Hong Kong's third confirmed A/H1N1 flu patient and entered Macao later were also ruled out of being infected with the A/H1N1 flu after preliminary lab tests, but they will still be quarantined in Macao till May 23 for safety reasons, according to the Bureau.

As of 6:00 GMT Monday, 40 countries have officially reported 8,829 cases of influenza A/H1N1 infection, of which six were found in China and 125 were confirmed in Japan, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). No such case was detected in Macao by far, according to the SAR' Health Bureau.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-05/19/content_11399440.htm
 
Back
Top