• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Liberia - Arcelor Mittal contractors have declared force majeure and are moving people out of the country (company news)

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
(Company News)

ArcelorMittal statement on operations in Liberia

Luxembourg, 8 August 2014 ? ArcelorMittal is currently mining and shipping 5 million tonnes of iron ore a year in Liberia from its operations in Yekepa and Buchanan (described as phase 1).

The company is also working on an expansion project (described as phase 2) that will see shipments rise to 15 million tonnes of iron ore with first production planned by the end of 2015.

Due to the evolving situation of the current Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa, contractors working on the phase 2 expansion project have declared force majeure and are moving people out of the country. We are currently assessing the potential impact on the project schedule.
...
http://corporate.arcelormittal.com/news-and-media/press-releases/2014/aug/08-08-2014
 
Re: Liberia - Arcelor Mittal contractors have declared force majeure and are moving people out of the country (company news)

...Luxembourg-based steel and mining company ArcelorMittal announced earlier in August that it has suspended the second phase of its iron-ore expansion project in Liberia meant to increase shipments from 4 million tonne-per-year to 15 million by the end of next year. The project cost was not disclosed.
?Due to the evolving situation of the current Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa, contractors working on the phase two expansion project have declared force majeure and are moving people out of the country.We are currently assessing the potential impact on the project schedule,? the company said in a statement on August 8.
According to published reports, the project's 15 contractors are evacuating about 650 employees. ArcelorMittal has an estimated 500 direct employees in Liberia and an additional 2,100 foreign and local contractors; it invested $1 billion in operations there last year...:tiphat: http://enr.construction.com/busines...some-construction-projects-in-west-africa.asp
 
Re: Liberia - Arcelor Mittal contractors have declared force majeure and are moving people out of the country (company news)

Patrick Sawyer was their employee.

http://www.frontpageafricaonline.com/index.php/politic/2669-ebola-struck-closed-to-home-e-mail-explains-patrick-sawyer-s-thought
Ebola Statement

?Ebola Struck Closed to Home?: E-Mail Explains Sawyer?s Thinking

Written by Rodney D. Sieh
Published: 15 August 2014

...

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to inform you that today ArcelorMittal received information that the employee whose family member died on Tuesday, July 8th in Monrovia due to a confirmed case of the Ebola virus has died today, from a suspected case of Ebola. Results of the Ebola test are awaited.

The first thing I want to reassure everyone is that the employee, Patrick Sawyer, had very limited contact with his ArcelorMittal colleagues since his contact with the victim and therefore we do not believe anyone working at ArcelorMittal will be at risk. Patrick was last at the Buchanan site on 9th July when he informed us about the death of his sister.

We are speaking directly with those who met Patrick on this day to reassure them of this fact. Having informed us of this news, Patrick was submitted to the Ministry of Health for a medical observation and isolation and requested not to return to work until he had passed through the incubation period. He has not been at the Buchanan site or in any ArcelorMittal office since that time. Our thoughts and support are with his family at this very difficult time. ...
 
Back
Top