• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

LA: Confirmed case of 10 yr old boy with H1N1 at school

Jeremy

Well-known member
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=10298155&nav=menu57_2_1

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Two hundred students, about 18 percent of total enrollment, were absent Monday from an Ascension Parish school where a student who attends the school was identified as a victim of swine flu.

A spokesman for Ascension Parish schools says it is believed that students were likely kept home from school by their parents as a precaution.

The student, a 10-year-old boy, is one of about 1,100 students enrolled at Lake Elementary School in St. Amant.

School leaders say the last day the student attended class was Monday, May 4. He will not be allowed to return to school until "the Office of Public Health clears his return," the school system said in a statement.

Three school nurses were on campus this morning to monitor students. A professional cleaning company arrived on campus this weekend to cleaningecfting the school.

As of Sunday, there were seven confirmed cases of swine flu in Louisiana, health leaders said.

In other cases around the state where school children have become sick, their schools have been closed as a precaution.

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said this weekend that Lake Elementary would not be closed because no other students had shown symptoms of swine flu, and there was not a significant number of absences at the school last week.
 
Back
Top