• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Kenya - New coronavirus Covid-19 suspected cases, news

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/sc...ptoms-Kenya/3073694-5434650-uxd2f1/index.html

Student with coronavirus-like symptoms isolated in Kenyan hospital
Tuesday January 28 2020
n Summary

The student was rushed to the hospital by the Ministry of Health at 9.30 this morning.
Symptoms include a running nose, coughing and a sore throat.
Infected persons may have headaches and maybe a fever, which can last for a couple of days.

By DAILY NATION
More by this Author

A student from China who arrived at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) with coronavirus-like symptoms has been admitted at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) isolation ward.

The Ministry of Health says it is currently investigating suspected case of the deadly virus...
 
Source: https://www.businessdailyafrica.com...s-in-Kenya/4258458-5435278-u9qir3z/index.html

Health ministry confirms no case of coronavirus in Kenya
Tuesday, January 28, 2020 18:58
coronavirus

The suspected Coronavirus case in Kenya has been given a clean bill of health but remains in isolation as the ministry of health takes precautionary measures.

The update comes after a suspected patient who arrived into the country early Tuesday from China was immediately put in isolation at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH)...
 
MINISTRY OF HEALTH

PRESS RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE ON SUSPECTED 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS CASE
ADMITTED AT THE KENYATTA NATIONAL HOSPITAL


On the morning of 28th January 2020, the Ministry of Health was notified of a passenger aboard
flight KQ 887 from Guangzhou China who upon screening on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta
International Airport (JKIA) was found to have fever. The traveler reported he had not been
in contact with a known case of novel Coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV). He was immediately
isolated in a temporary holding room at JKIA and later transferred to the Infectious Disease
Unit, Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) for investigation and admission. On examination, the
suspected case was found to be in stable condition with all vital signs with normal ranges.
Following admission at the KNH, appropriate specimens have been collected for investigation
at the National Influenza Centre.

Information available indicates that he left Wuhan City 20th January 2020 to Zhangjiajie City.
He left for Nairobi through Guangzhou, China and Bangkok, Thailand on 27th January 2020
and arrived at JKIA this morning at 0615 hours. The suspected case remains in the isolation
facility at KNH while investigations and laboratory tests are undertaken.

So far, this is the only suspected case.

We wish to advise members of the public to:
• Maintain basic hand and respiratory hygiene,
• Safe food practices
• Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.
• In addition, anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as fever,
coughing, difficulty in breathing and sneezing with a history of recent travel to

China is advised to go to the nearest health facility for assessment and prompt
management.

The surveillance system remains on high alert at all points of entry and health facilities and
screening is being conducted to all those from affected countries. Further, we assure you that
the Government shall continue sharing updates.

MINISTRY OF HEALTH
28th January 2020

http://www.health.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Press-Release_JKIA_UPDATE.pdf
 
UPDATE ON PERSON UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR NOVEL
CORONAVIRUS 2019 ISOLATED AT THE KENYATTA NATIONAL
HOSPITAL

The Ministry of Health would like to share the outcome of the laboratory results of the
person under investigation for novel Corona virus 2019 admitted in Infectious Diseases
Unit, Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH). As you are aware, the person under
investigation is a student who was travelling back from Wuhan City of China where we
have an ongoing outbreak of the disease.

We wish to inform members of the public that the laboratory results which we received
on 28th January 2020 from the National Influenza Centre and 30th January 2020 from
South Africa revealed that the person under investigation DOES NOT have the novel
Corona Virus 2019 disease but usual common cold.


We would like to call for calm and reassure citizens and everyone residing in Kenya that
the country is free from novel Corona Virus 2019 and stringent measures have been put
in place to prevent its importation into the country.

The Ministry urges members of the public to remain vigilant and to:

i. Maintain basic hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices.
ii. Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory
infections.
iii. In addition, anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as
fever, coughing, difficulty in breathing and sneezing with a history of
recent travel to China is advised to go to the nearest health facility for
assessment and prompt management.

As a Government, we want to assure the public that necessary surveillance and
monitoring systems have been deployed across the country and we shall continue to
provide updates.

MINISTRY OF HEALTH
31st January 2020

http://www.health.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PRESS-Release-Corona-Virus-Results-.pdf
 
Translation Google

Coronavirus: Kenyan court suspends flights from China

In SocietyFebruary 28, 2020AFP202 Views

A Kenyan court on Friday ordered the suspension of flights from China, repudiating the government which had decided two days earlier to allow passengers to enter Kenyan soil without being subject to compulsory quarantine for the new coronavirus. On Wednesday, Kenya had allowed the entry into its territory of 239 passengers on a China Southern flight from Canton, the Minister of Health simply asking them to impose themselves a quarantine of 14 days. The announcement sparked violent criticism on social media.

After this decision, a doctor and the country's main legal association, the Kenya Law society, filed a complaint, accusing the government of playing with people's lives. Judge James Makau agreed with them provisionally by ordering the suspension for 10 days of flights arriving from China, pending a new hearing.

It also demanded that all passengers arriving on Wednesday be rounded up and placed in quarantine in an army medical center, "until it is duly established that they are not carriers of the coronavirus".

Shortly after, the Chinese Embassy in Kenya confirmed on Twitter that China Southern was suspending all flights between Guangzhou, Changsha and Nairobi "due to a drop in passenger volumes".

The head of state, Uhuru Kenyatta, also announced the immediate creation of a committee dedicated to the management of the coronavirus. The new coronavirus has infected 83,670 people and killed 2,865 worldwide, according to a report by AFP from official sources at 11:00 am Friday. The African continent has so far largely escaped this threat, although the first case of coronavirus in sub-Saharan Africa was confirmed Friday in Nigeria. Two other cases of contamination have been identified in recent days in Egypt and Algeria.

https://afrique.lalibre.be/47256/coronavirus-un-tribunal-kenyan-suspend-les-vols-provenant-de-chine/
 
Back
Top