• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Karnataka influenza 2018: 72 fatalities

Karnataka: H1N1 claims 4 lives, but health dept unaware Poornima Nataraj, DH News Service, Bengaluru, OCT 10 2018, 00:31AM IST UPDATED: OCT 10 2018, 08:33AM IST Four people have died due to H1N1 flu in the past three months with two deaths bei...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/h...pt-697105.html

H3N2, Influenza-B infections detected Poornima Nataraj, DH News Service, Bengaluru, OCT 09 2018, 15:57PM IST UPDATED: OCT 09 2018, 23:47PM IST PTI file photo for representation. Even as the health department is focusing on containing the spre...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/400-cases-h1n1-ktaka-696996.html
 
Bengaluru has seen five Swine flu deaths this year
Asked why it took the Health Department so long to notice the deaths, Shetty said the government-run hospital did not inform the state.


Published: 12th October 2018 08:19 AM | Last Updated: 12th October 2018 10:17 AM | A+A A-
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases has separate wards for H1N1 patients | Nagaraja Gadekal By Express News Service
BENGALURU: It's official. Bengaluru saw five deaths due to H1N1 this year.After reports of four H1N1 deaths in Bengaluru's Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, the state Health Department has finally agreed to add the cases to the official death toll. Dr Shivaraj Sajjanshetty, joint director, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Department of Health and Family Welfare, said, "We will add five deaths to our official daily H1N1 reports on Friday. Four that occurred in August-October in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases and one in March in BBMP limits."

Asked why it took the Health Department so long to notice the deaths, Shetty said the government-run hospital did not inform the state. The protocol is that after any H1N1 case is brought to the government's notice, it must send health officers to the patient's house, check the family members and neighbours for flu-like symptoms and educate them what needs to be done in the event of getting flu-like symptoms.
...
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...-five-swine-flu-deaths-this-year-1884449.html
 
Swine flu believed to be reason for woman?s death in K?taka?s Mandya, doctors to probe
The state has reported over 400 cases of swine flu in the past month.
Dr. Nimeshika Jayachandran
Friday, October 12, 2018 - 08:16

District officials in Mandya are on high alert after a 48-year-old resident of the district, suspected to have contracted swine flu, passed away on Wednesday.

Savithramma (48) visited a private nursing home in Mandya last week after developing a cough and fever. She was later admitted to JSS Hospital in Mysuru where she passed away. Doctors had sent a throat swab sample of the patient to Kasturba Hospital in Manipal to confirm whether she was suffering from H1N1, or swine flu, the results of which are awaited.
...
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...n-s-death-k-taka-s-mandya-doctors-probe-89836
 
Woman dies due to H1N1 after delivery
Belagavi: After claiming five lives in the state capital this year, H1N1 has claimed its first victim in Belagavi district. A woman from Akkol in Nippani taluk, died in Kolhapur town of Maharashtra a couple of days ago. Her swab test was positive for H1N1.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66186645.cms
 
56-year-old Succumbs to Swine Flu in Bengaluru, Death Toll Touches Six in Karnataka
Unpredictable weather has been attributed as one of the reasons for the sudden surge in cases.
Revathi Rajeevan | CNN-News18Updated:October 13, 2018, 10:44 AM IST facebookTwittergoogleskype

Bengaluru: A 56-year-old man has died of Swine Flu in Bengaluru, taking the death toll in the state to six since March this year.


Health department officials said Shivananjegouda passed away at a private hospital on October 11. This was the fourth death this month alone.


Karnataka had recorded only 20 positive cases of H1N1 between January and August 2018. But the numbers spiked in September as Bengaluru city alone witnessed 44 cases. Of the six deaths, four have been in the city.
...
https://www.news18.com/news/india/5...th-toll-touches-six-in-karnataka-1907767.html
 
Karnataka.png
http://www.karnataka.gov.in/hfw/nhm/kannada/Documents/H1N1-15-10-2018.pdf
 
Swine Flu Claims 2 More Lives in Karnataka, Death Toll Rises to 8
The total number of positive cases has also increased to 542, marking an increase of 18 cases per day. The highest number of cases have been reported under the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) area with 86 cases followed by Shivamogga which has recorded a total of 60 cases
Revathi Rajeevan | CNN-News18Updated:October 17, 2018, 2:43 PM IST

Bangalore: H1N1 influenza, or swine flu, claimed two more lives in Karnataka, taking the death toll in the state to eight.


The two deaths was reported by the Department of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday, one from Ballary and another from Bengaluru.


While the state had recorded only 20 positive cases of H1N1 between January and August 2018, the total number of cases in Bengaluru city alone has shot up to 44 in September alone.

The total number of positive cases has also increased to 542, marking an increase of 18 cases in a day.
...
https://www.news18.com/news/india/s...-karnataka-death-toll-rises-to-8-1911871.html

Bantwal: Swine flu - mother succumbs, daughter in ICU
Tue, Oct 16 2018 04:53:26 PM

Daijiworld Media Network - Bantwal (SP)

Banwal, Oct 16: Avvamma (44), wife of the late Mayyaddi from Sajipanadu village in the taluk died of Swine Flu on October 10 this year. Her daughter, Zubeena (22) is being treated for the same condition in the intensive care unit of a private hospital at Mangaluru. Another person from this village also is suspected to be suffering from this disease. He has been hospitalized with unexplained fever, but medical reports are yet to be received, said taluk health officer, Dr Deepa Prabhu.
...
https://www.daijiworld.com/news/newsDisplay.aspx?newsID=533131
 
22-yr-old woman dies from suspected swine flu in Karnataka
As of Wednesday, 6 people have died and 496 positive cases have been reported in Karnataka.
Theja Ram
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 17:55


A 22-year-old woman from Bantwal taluk in Karnataka?s Dakshina Kannada district has died from suspected swine flu infection. The woman, identified as Zabina, is suspected to have contracted the infection from her mother 44-year-old Avvamma, who had been infected with the virus and succumbed to the same on October 10. Officials from the Health Department have confirmed that Avvamma had tested positive for swine flu.
...

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/22-yr-old-woman-dies-suspected-swine-flu-karnataka-90129
 
Mirror Now
Published on Oct 19, 2018
The H1N1 flu continues to haunt the state of Karnataka as the death toll rises to 15. At least 11 people have died since October 1st due to Swine Flu in Bengaluru. After Rajasthan, now Karnataka is facing the H1N1 outbreak as 456 people were tested positive from January this year to October 12th.
Mirror Now's Sreeja MS joins with more details, listen in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=iLnzPs_-KOM
 
[h=1]H1N1 toll climbs to 31 in Karnataka; doctors say no reason to panic[/h] BENGALURU: The death toll due to H1N1 in Karnataka this year has climbed to 31, according to the Health Department?s daily report on Saturday. However, doctors at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, which acts as the nodal centre for infectious diseases such as H1N1, say that there is no need to worry. In 2017, there were only 15 deaths reported but 3,260 people tested positive for the virus.

There were 1,231 positive cases of H1N1 and 31 deaths in the state as on Saturday. Just 24 hours prior to this, the report released on Friday said there were 1,215 positive cases of H1N1 in the state and 19 deaths. When asked about the significant increase in the number of deaths by 12, doctors said this may be due to the delay in the completion of the death audit process, in which the Health Department determines whether the cause of death was indeed H1N1. http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...a-doctors-say-no-reason-to-panic-1900086.html
 
[h=4]Three women died of Swine Flu in Mysuru, Chamarajanagar: Minister[/h]
Belagavi: Three persons have died from H1N1 viral attack (swine flu) in Mysuru and Chamarajanagar since the past 6 months. Of them, 2 persons died in Mysuru and one in Chamarajanagar, said Health Minister Shivananda Patil while replying to a question raised by MLC Sandesh Nagaraj at the ongoing Winter Session of the Assembly at Belagavi. In all, from January till August, 11 H1N1 cases were reported in Mysuru while 68 cases have been reported in Chamarajanagar. All the three deceased are women, the Minister said. The State Health and Family Welfare Department has issued a circular to all districts to take up precautionary measures and stock Tami Flu tablets which will be distributed free of cost to patients, he said.

https://starofmysore.com/three-women-died-of-swine-flu-in-mysuru-chamarajanagar-minister/
 
Back
Top