• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Italy tightens rules after COVID-19 coronavirus cases surge - October 18, 2020

sharon sanders

Editor-in-Chief & President
Covid-19: Italy tightens rules after coronavirus cases surge

Published14 hours ago

Italy has announced a new raft of measures to tighten restrictions amid a surge in coronavirus cases.

A mask-wearing PM Giuseppe Conte said the measures were needed "to avoid a new lockdown".

Mayors will get powers to close public areas after 21:00 and the opening times of restaurants and the size of groups allowed will tighten.

The moves came as Italy recorded its highest daily infection rate for the second day in a row.

Another 11,705 new cases were announced on Sunday, beating the previous record, which came a day earlier on Saturday, of 10,925.

more..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54592700
 
Lombardy to impose curfew as cases surge

Authorities in Lombardy in Italy have been given the green light to impose a curfew as the region embraces itself for a surge in hospital admissions.

The curfew will run from 11pm to 5am, and is expected to be in place from Thursday. Medium and large shopping malls will close at weekends.

The measures in Lombardy, where coronavirus infections are surging again after the region was badly hit by the first wave of the pandemic, were requested after experts said admissions into intensive care units could leap to 600 by the end of the month from the current 113.

General hospital admissions are poised to rise to 4,000 from 1,136. A Covid hospital at a conference center in Milan, where new cases are growing at the fastest rate, has reopened.

Lombardy registered 1,687 new infections on Monday, the highest daily tally among Italy’s 20 regions.

Campania, in the south, was not far behind with 1,593 cases. Infections across Italy fell below 10,000 on Monday, however almost 50,000 fewer swab tests were carried out compared with Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-5f8e8a038f087cbe55eadd33#liveblog-navigation
 
In Campania the curfew from 11pm on Friday

In Campania there is a curfew, as in Lombardy. We start immediately, from this weekend. Everything closed from 11pm. De Luca changes course: puts a stop to nightlife and reopens schools. From Monday, elementary school children return to the classroom. Meanwhile, the alert remains high. According to the latest data, there are 1,600 infections in the Region (with a trend that does not reverse) and intensive care beds are activated on request, because there is a lack of doctors.

In Campania the lockdown is triggered from 11pm on Friday evening
'We are preparing to ask for a curfew today. The block of all activities and mobility from this weekend onwards'. This was announced by the president of the Campania Region Vincenzo De Luca.

'We wanted to leave - he said - from the last weekend of October, but let's leave now. Activities and mobility are interrupted at 11 pm to contain the wave of contagion. At 11pm on Friday, everything also closes in Campania, as has been asked for in Lombardy too '.

De Luca reopens elementary schools
'We immediately authorize special projects for disabled and autistic children and from Monday also elementary school activities', announces the president of the Campania Region.

The decision was taken following a meeting between the councilor for education Lucia Fortini and the trade union organizations of the school sector 'who agreed on the measures relating to the school and on which the TAR agreed with us', adds De Luca.

https://napoli.repubblica.it/cronac...e_luca_da_venerdi_lockdown_alle_23-271202871/
 
The government in Italy has now agreed on measures to limit the spread of coronavirus, reports in Italy suggested.

Prime minister Giuseppe Conte is due to make a statement at 1:30pm local time.

Reuters said that measures agreed between Conte’s government and regional authorities ordered bars and restaurants to close by 6pm and shut public gyms, cinemas and swimming pools.

The decree encourages people not to go out and to limit contacts at home with anyone outside their immediate family, but does not impose a mandatory nationwide curfew or lockdown and allows shops and most businesses to remain open.

However, service in bars and restaurants will be subject to a series of controls to limit contagion, and cinemas, theatres, gaming halls and discotheques will be closed.

The decree also directs that up to three-quarters of high school teaching should be done online to limit the number of pupils in school buildings.


https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/i...xRDRc19LHn_w7iBkCVuf7tKcsRjUHHj92TSbg3ojrmhmT
 
Four Italian regions to go into partial lockdown


Angela Giuffrida


Four Italian regions will go into partial lockdown from Friday as the government scrambles to regain control of the coronavirus pandemic.
Giuseppe Conte’s government is trying to avoid a full national shutdown and has instead introduced a three-tier system that divides the country’s 20 regions up according to level of risk.
The northern regions of Lombardy, Piedmont and Aosta Valley, along with Calabria in the south, have been placed in the “red zone”, meaning people will only be able to leave their homes for work, health or emergency reasons and bars, restaurants and non-essential shops – apart from hairdressers – will close. People will be banned from travelling in or out of their regions.
In Puglia and Sicilia, which have been placed in the orange zone, bars and restaurants will be closed and people will be able to move freely within their towns and cities but not leave them. The rest of the country will be in the yellow zone, meaning there will be no new restrictions apart from those already imposed nationally, such as the 6pm closure of bars and restaurants and complete closure of cinemas, theatres and gyms. All regions will be under a 10pm-5am curfew.
Unlike in the spring, factories will stay open across the country.
Restrictions per region have been determined by the rate of Covid-19 transmission, the number of infections and people with symptoms and the availability of hospital beds.
The measures will be in place until 3 December.

“The virus here, and in the whole of Europe, is racing strongly, and violently,” Conte said.

Cases last week doubled compared to the previous one, the rate of transmission has increased to 1.7 nationally, and in some regions it’s higher. There are no alternatives, to slow the curve we need these restrictions … I understand the inconvenience and frustration, but we have to hold tight.

Conte said intensive care capacity would be at risk in 15 of Italy’s 20 regions within a few weeks unless new measures were enacted.

Italy registered 30,550 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday and 352 fatalities.

The number of people hospitalised across the country stood at 22,116 Wednesday, of whom 2,292 were in intensive care – more than double the number on 24 October.

Doctors had called for more aggressive restrictions as hospitals become overwhelmed and staff fall sick – 14,000 health workers were infected with coronavirus between September and October, and 184 medics have died since the start of the pandemic.

The worst-affected regions in terms of daily caseload are Lombardy, which on Wednesday registered 7,758 cases, Campania, which for now is in the yellow zone, and Piedmont.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ons-france-suffers-highest-deaths-since-april
 
Back
Top