• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Israel Reports 21 Deaths

JimO

Well-known member
Source: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1251804474308&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

26-year-old man confirmed as Israel's 21st swine flu-related fatality

A 26-year-old man was pronounced by the Health Ministry on Wednesday as Israel's 21st fatality related to the swine flu.

The man died in Petah Tikva's Beilinson hospital.

The Health Ministry noted that although the victim was also suffering from another illness, the H1N1 virus could not be ruled out as the reason for his death.
 
Re: Israel Reports 21 Deaths

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3771341,00.html

26-year old dies of swine flu

Hospital says the young man, the 21st Israeli to die of the disease, did not belong to any risk group

Meital Yasur Beit-Or
Published: 09.02.09, 20:18 / Israel News

A 26-year old man who was diagnosed with swine flu has become Israel's 21st victim of the disease, Beilinson Hospital announced Wednesday. The hospital said the young man had not belonged to any risk group.


The man was hospitalized in the Petah Tikvah hospital over two weeks ago complaining of breathing difficulties. He was diagnosed with the H1N1 virus and transferred to intensive care a few days later in critical condition after he had become unconscious.


The director of the hospital, Boaz Tadmor, explained, "We hooked him up to a machine called ECMO, which supports respiration and oxygenates the blood outside of the body." He said the machine had helped more than 60 people around the world who suffered from swine flu.


"We had the impression that he had improved slightly, but unfortunately we discovered this morning that he had passed away," Tadmor added.


On Tuesday a 50-year old man suffering from preexisting conditions died after being diagnosed with swine flu. On Monday an 88-year old woman who also suffered from preexisting illnesses perished after being diagnosed with the disease. So far 2,600 Israelis have been diagnosed with the virus, 42 of which have been hospitalized in intensive care.


The Health Ministry has signed a deal for the purchase of $65.6 million worth of vaccines against the disease, which are scheduled to arrive in the beginning of 2010.
 
Back
Top