• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Indonesia Coronavirus: 210,940 cases,?8,544 deaths?

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
BY :BERITASATU

MARCH 02, 2020


Jakarta. Indonesia has confirmed two novel coronavirus cases in its territory after diagnosing two women living in Depok, a West Java suburb just outside Jakarta, who came in contact with a Japanese man coming from Malaysia who was already infected with the virus several days ago.

Health Minister Agus Terawan Putranto said the women had tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2, a new strain of the coronavirus that causes the pneumonia-like Covid-19 disease, and are now kept in isolation at the Prof. Dr. Sulianti Saroso Hospital for Infectious Diseases in North Jakarta.

"When we first found out about the Japanese man's [confirmed with coronavirus] case in Malaysia, a team in Indonesia went straight away to track down his activities and who he had met here," President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo said.

"Now we've found these two women — a 64-year old woman and her 31-year old daughter — positive with the virus," he said.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...d-19-patient-two-weeks-before-tested-12491484


Indonesia's COVID-19 patient ill for two weeks before she was tested in hospital
By Nivell Rayda
02 Mar 2020 06:24PM
(Updated: 02 Mar 2020 08:31PM)

JAKARTA: One of the two patients who tested positive for COVID-19 in Indonesia had been ill for two weeks before the authorities tested her for the virus, Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto revealed on Monday (Mar 2).

This was because she did not have a travel history to countries affected by the outbreak, he explained.

The authorities had immediately placed the patients - a 31-year-old dance teacher and her 64-year-old mother - in quarantine after learning that the former had come into close contact with a Japanese woman who visited Indonesia and later tested positive in Malaysia...
 
[h=1]2 More Indonesians Confirmed Positive for COVID-19[/h] 6 March 2020 18:10 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The national spokesman for the COVID-19 mitigation, Achmad Yurianto, announced that two more Indonesians had tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

The two patients were confirmed of having contracted the virus after Jakarta Health Agency traced people who made contact with Case 1 and Case 2 (contact tracing).


The first two cases of the new coronavirus in Indonesia were Depok residents who were infected by the virus from a Japanese national during a dance event in Jakarta....:tiphat:https://en.tempo.co/read/1316383/2-more-indonesians-confirmed-positive-for-covid-19
 
Source: https://www.malaymail.com/news/worl...rms-two-more-covid-19-cases-total-six/1844508

Indonesia confirms two more Covid-19 cases, total six
Sunday, 08 Mar 2020 06:09 PM MYT

JAKARTA, March 8 — Indonesia confirmed today that two more people had tested positive for the coronavirus, taking the total of confirmed cases in the country to six.

One of the Indonesians is a 36-year-old male, a crew member on the Japan-docked Diamond Princess cruise ship where he contracted the virus, Health Ministry official Achmad Yurianto told a news briefing.

The other Indonesian, a 55-year-old male, contracted the virus locally in Jakarta, Yurianto said...
 
Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesia-confirms-8-more-coronavirus-cases-total-now-27

ndonesia confirms 8 more coronavirus cases, total now 27
Published
39 min ago

JAKARTA - Indonesia confirmed eight cases of coronavirus infections on Tuesday (Mar 10) as the health ministry stepped up efforts to curb community spread.

Indonesia now has 27 confirmed cases, 21 of them disclosed in the last two days alone. The authorities have also identified a possible new cluster from Case 14, who had been ill for a few days before being admitted to hospital.

"He thought it was a common flu because he didn't have enough rest while having a lot of activities outside. He took common flu pills. When he was admitted to hospital, it could have been three days after he got sick," Mr Achmad Yurianto, the official spokesman for the Covid-19 situation, told a press conference...
 
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8099371/British-woman-53-dies-coronavirus-Indonesia.html


British woman, 53, dies from coronavirus in Bali: Diabetic becomes first to die from the disease in Indonesia

Indonesia said the woman had died in hospital after arriving in critical condition
She had diabetes and lung disease and had contracted coronavirus elsewhere
UK Foreign Office spokesman said officials were supporting the woman's family

By Tim Stickings For Mailonline

Published: 05:25 EDT, 11 March 2020 | Updated: 07:47 EDT, 11 March 2020
 
Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/03/13/indonesia-reports-second-covid-19-death

Indonesia reports second Covid-19 death
Friday, 13 Mar 2020
6:54 PM MYT

JAKARTA: A 59-year-old man has died of novel coronavirus in Indonesia's Central Java province, bringing the death toll to two in the country, the government's spokesman for the Covid-19 (coronavirus)-related matters Achmad Yurianto said on Friday (March 13).

The patient passed away on Wednesday at a hospital in the province's city of Surakarta, and health authorities continued to track his travel history and close contacts, the spokesman said....
 
Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid19-indonesia-deaths-cases-rise-12535900

Indonesia reports 4th COVID-19 death, doubling in number of coronavirus cases
By Nivell Rayda
13 Mar 2020 07:21PM
(Updated: 13 Mar 2020 07:30PM)

JAKARTA: Indonesia's COVID-19 death toll rose to four on Friday (Mar 13), as it reported a doubling in its number of coronavirus cases.

Mr Achmad Yurianto, the government’s spokesman for the COVID-19 outbreak, announced at a press conference on Friday that it had 35 new confirmed cases, taking the country's total to 69.

The two patients who died are a 57-year-old woman (Case 35) and a 37-year-old woman (Case 36). They died at Jakarta’s Sulianti Saroso Hospital for Infectious Disease...
 
Source: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...a-confirms-fifth-death-96-positive-cases.html


COVID-19: Indonesia confirms fifth death, 96 positive cases
Gemma Holliani Cahya and Dyaning Pangestika
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Sat, March 14, 2020 / 06:43 pm

Indonesian health authorities confirmed Saturday that the number of positive COVID-19 cases in the country had increased to 96, with the total number of fatalities having reached five.

The Health Ministry’s disease control and prevention director general Achmad Yurianto said authorities had detected 27 new positive cases as of Saturday. The ministry also recorded one new death.

“The results were obtained after we conducted a massive [contact] tracing,” said Yurianto, who also serves as the government’s spokesperson for all coronavirus-related matters, during a press briefing in Jakarta on Saturday...
 
[h=1]Indonesia minister tests positive for coronavirus amid sharp rise in infections[/h] Transport Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has been hospitalised after contracting coronavirus, an Indonesian government official says.
UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Indonesia's transport minister is in intensive care after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, an official said Saturday, as schools and tourist attractions were ordered to close over the health threat.

Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi was receiving treatment at an army hospital in Jakarta, according to State Secretary Pratikno.

A hospital spokesman said Sumadi was encountering difficulty breathing but that his condition was improving.
Mr Pratikno said Mr Sumadi was involved in virus mitigation efforts, particularly the evacuation of Indonesians fro...:tiphat:https://www.sbs.com.au/news/indones...for-coronavirus-amid-sharp-rise-in-infections
 
21 New Cases, Positive Corona Indonesia Patients Increased to 117 People

CNN Indonesia | Sunday, 03/15/2020

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia - The number of corona- positive patients in Indonesia has increased to 117. The figure came after on Sunday (15/3), the government found 21 new cases. Previously, the number of corona positive patients until Saturday (3/14) amounted to 96.

Government Spokesperson specifically handling corona virus, Achmad Yurianto said positive specimens were dominated from Jakarta.

"19 people in Jakarta and 2 in Central Java," Yurianto told reporters on Sunday (3/15).

...............................


The community, said Yuri, must start trying to hold back. Don't panic, but still try to prevent transmission.


"There is no need to meet with many people to talk about something that is not important, no need to," said Yuri.
 
Source: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...va-reports-six-confirmed-cases-one-death.html


COVID-19: West Java reports six confirmed cases, one death
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Sun, March 15, 2020 / 04:17 pm

West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil has announced that six West Java residents have tested positive for COVID-19, including one who died in Cianjur regency whom the Health Ministry had previously claimed was not COVID-19 positive.

“The six positive cases include Case 1 and Case 2 who are residents of Depok, one Cianjur resident who died, two cases in Bekasi who are the wife and child of the Cianjur patient, one case in Bandung and one patient in Cirebon who has been undergoing treatment at the Sunan Gunung Jati General Hospital,” Ridwan told the press in Bandung on Sunday.

It is unclear whether the four other cases are among the 117 cases announced by the Health Ministry on Sunday...
 
Source: https://news.yahoo.com/indonesia-not-considering-lockdown-ministers-120044265.html

Indonesia not considering lockdown as ministers tested for COVID-19
[Reuters]
By Gayatri Suroyo
Reuters•March 16, 2020

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesian President Joko Widodo said on Monday the authorities were not now considering imposing a lockdown to tackle the coronavirus outbreak, as the leader, his wife and a number of ministers awaited the results of tests for the virus.

The world's fourth most populous country has reported a spike in cases with the number of confirmed infections hitting 134, while five people have died...
 
Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...s-biggest-daily-increase-as-deaths-rise-to-19

Coronavirus: Indonesian deaths climb to 19, highest death toll in South-east Asia
Published 2 hours ago
Updated 16 sec ago
Linda Yulisman
Indonesia Correspondent

JAKARTA - Indonesia on Wednesday (March 18) reported 14 more deaths from the coronavirus, making it the South-east Asian country with the highest number of fatalities.

The death toll now stands at 19, ahead of the Philippines, which has recorded 14 deaths so far.

The spike in the number of deaths was due to hospitals not reporting fatalities from March 12 to 17, said Mr Achmad Yurianto, the government spokesman for the management of Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus...

...The number of confirmed cases also surged to 227, with 55 fresh cases, the highest single-day jump of new infections since the country announced its first two cases on March 2...
 
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...ths-rise-to-19
JAKARTA - Indonesia on Wednesday (March 18) reported 14 more deaths from the coronavirus, making it the South-east Asian country with the highest number of fatalities.

The death toll now stands at 19, ahead of the Philippines, which has recorded 14 deaths so far.

The spike in the number of deaths was due to hospitals not reporting fatalities from March 12 to 17, said Mr Achmad Yurianto, the government spokesman for the management of Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.
...
The number of confirmed cases also surged to 227, with 55 fresh cases, the highest single-day jump of new infections since the country announced its first two cases on March 2.
 
Source: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...s-highest-virus-death-toll-in-southeast-asia/

Indonesia attains highest virus death toll in Southeast Asia
Reuters -
March 19, 2020 7:35 PM

JAKARTA: Faced by a rising death toll from coronavirus and a big jump in infections, Indonesia’s president on Thursday called for testing to be stepped up immediately in the world’s fourth most populous country.

Less than three weeks since the country of more than 260 million announced its first case of the virus, its death toll had reached 25 — higher than in any other Southeast Asian country.

The number of infections in Indonesia jumped by 82 to 309, which together with daily rises of 110 in Malaysia and 60 in Thailand sent the number of reported infections across Southeast Asia to nearly 2,200...
 
Indonesia sees biggest daily jump in cases with 82 new infections

Indonesia yesterday reported 82 new coronavirus cases, its biggest daily increase, as President Joko Widodo expressed regret that many in the capital have shrugged off social distancing measures.

The total confirmed infections now stand at 309, said government spokesman on Covid-19 management Achmad Yurianto. He added that the number of deaths rose by six to 25, most of which were in Jakarta. Provinces such as West Java, East Java and the Riau Islands also reported new cases.

Mr Joko and his wife, First Lady Iriana, also announced yesterday that they tested negative for the coronavirus, after Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi was confirmed last week to have been infected.

The rise in fatalities from the coronavirus comes as Mr Joko said the country's social distancing measures have not been taken seriously by many Jakarta residents.

"The study-at-home, work-from-home, do-prayer-at-home measures should not be seen as an opportunity to go on holidays," Mr Joko said yesterday before meeting ministers to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic.

The measures, announced last Saturday, saw the Jakarta provincial government close all schools in the city of more than 10 million people for two weeks.

Popular tourist sites such as the Taman Impian Jaya Ancol theme park and the National Monument were also closed....:tiphat:https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...new-infections
 
Back
Top