• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Hong Kong - Health Secretary Worried by South Korean Mers Cases

Commonground

Senior Moderator
June 13, 2015
The Health Secretary, Ko Wing-man, has expressed concern over several Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) cases reported in South Korea, in which the virus has been passed on three times. He said such "fourth-generation" infections would increase the risk of a community outbreak of the potentially deadly disease in the country. He said Hong Kong would remain cautious and closely monitor the developments in South Korea.
He added that he hoped the number of suspected Mers cases intercepted in Hong Kong would drop soon, as fewer people visit South Korea after the issue of the travel warning against the country.
Currently, anyone who develops fever after coming back from South Korea and the Middle East is being sent to hospital for tests. But all the suspected cases have tested negative for the virus so far.

http://rthk.hk/rthk/news/englishnews/20150613/news_20150613_56_1107265.htm
 
Back
Top