• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Honduras Confirms First Zika Cases

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Already there is a suspected case of zika in Honduras

The woman, so far, has not been isolated, as currently recommended by PAHO

12/03/2015


Tegucigalpa, Honduras

What is feared may become a reality, the zika tropical virus may have already entered the country and may be in Tegucigalpa.

A woman resident of Francisco Morazan may be the first affected by this new disease.

"There is a suspected case, but we can not confirm until the laboratory does not tell us is positive, and he took the tests and the laboratory should confirm," he told the Herald Karla Pavon, head of the Metropolitan Region.
The lady had traveled to the south of the country at least two weeks.

Significantly, it is in that specific area where there has been a significant rise of dengue cases in the last month.
After returning from his trip, the lady had visited several relatives in the German colony, Comayag?ela.
After that the lady would have stayed a few days in the neighborhood of La Pe?a, just Comayag?ela sector.
 
TWO SUSPECTED CASES OF ZIKA REPORTED IN SOUTHERN HONDURAS



December 5, 2015

TEGUCIGALPA. The Ministry of Health is investigating two suspected cases again Zika in the south of the country.
It should be mentioned that last Thursday the Metropolitan Region confirmed that the case of a woman studying in Francisco Morazan.

In the opinion of Deputy Health Minister Francis Contreras, patients who show symptoms of the disease should be reported to the charge of the process.

Contreras revealed that is not one, but two suspected cases of Zika which are being investigated. This second report comes from the south of the country, specifically the Department of Choluteca.

The official said that "the person's Social Security came to Choluteca with symptoms of Zika, we mention that are very similar to dengue and was then notified."

He explained that there are several cases that will have to take their shows to see if the virus is already in the country.
He also commented that all analyzes will be carried out in the country, as it has the necessary inputs to prove or exclude suspect cases.
 
Ministry of Health ruled out zika cases in Honduras

December 10, 2015

The authorities of the Ministry of Health ruled out the suspects of carrying the virus.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras After four suspects zika cases, health authorities reported no presence of this virus in Honduras are discarded.

This was confirmed by the deputy health minister, Francis Contreras, who explained that the four evaluations resulted in three positive and one negative dengue.
 
Back
Top