• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

HEALTH DEPARTMENT: Niagara County investigating possible second swine flu death - CONFIRMED

JimO

Well-known member
Source: http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_321214634.html

HEALTH DEPARTMENT: County investigating possible second swine flu death
Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette

Niagara County health officials are investigating another suspected death related to the H1N1 flu virus.

Public Health Director Dan Stapleton confirmed Tuesday that his office is taking a closer look at a case involving an individual who may have died from complications related to the virus commonly called the swine flu.

Stapleton said the case involved the death of a local teen, but could not disclose any more information on Tuesday. He added the health department does expect to release additional information about the case today.

?All I can confirm is that there has been a death of a teenager from Niagara County,? Stapleton said.

Niagara-Wheatfield School District officials confirmed the death of a 10th-grader at the high school but said they have received no confirmation the death was H1N1-related.

?It is a tragic loss to the Niagara-Wheatfield family,? Superintendent Carl Militello said Tuesday night.

The health department confirmed the first H1N1 related death in the county last week. Officials said the virus contributed to the death of an eastern Niagara County resident who had underlying health problems.
 
Re: HEALTH DEPARTMENT: Niagara County investigating possible second swine flu death - CONFIRMED

Source: http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Teens-death-linked-to-swine-flu

Teen's death linked to swine flu
Updated: Wednesday, 18 Nov 2009, 10:09 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 18 Nov 2009, 10:09 AM EST

WHEATFIELD, N.Y. (RELEASE) - Testing has confirmed that the recent death of a southern Niagara County resident has been linked to a laboratory positive case of H1N1 flu, the Niagara County Department of Health reported Wednesday. The death involved a teenager who did not have an underlying medical condition, but succumbed to complications related to H1N1 influenza.

Niagara Wheatfield Superintendent Carl Militello says parents are being sent information about the 10th grader's death on their website, and through phone calls.

To protect the privacy of the family, no further information about the individual will be released. This is the second death in Niagara County that has been linked to H1N1 flu since the first H1N1 outbreak began in April. ?Every death is a tragedy, and our sincere condolences are extended to the family at this difficult time,? said Daniel J. Stapleton, Public Health Director.

[snip]
 
Back
Top