• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Guyana - 2 brothers died of brain damage in Kako Village

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Kako boy died of brain damage, not meningitis ? Norton

By STAFF WRITER December 6, 2016

Minister of Public Health Dr George Norton said yesterday that the recent death of a nine-year-old child from Kako Village, in Region Seven was due to brain damage and not meningitis as previously suspected.
...
https://www.stabroeknews.com/2016/n...-boy-died-brain-damage-not-meningitis-norton/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Kako boy succumbs

By STAFF WRITER December 7, 2016

A month after his younger brother died as a result of brain damage, an eleven-year-old Kako child, who spent the last few weeks brain dead in the Intensive Care Unit, passed away yesterday at the Georgetown Public Hospital.

This news was confirmed by Minister of Public Health Dr George Norton last evening. A cause of death has not yet been determined.

Stabroek News had previously reported that the nine-year-old brother had died on November 13.
...
https://www.stabroeknews.com/2016/news/stories/12/07/second-kako-boy-succumbs/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samples tested in wake of Kako deaths returned negative

? water to be retested

By STAFF WRITER December 11, 2016

Water samples taken to be tested for cyanide and heavy metals in the wake of the mysterious deaths of two young Kako brothers have returned negative, but retesting is to be done after concerns were raised about the handling of the samples.

Blood samples taken have also returned negative. However, Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Karen Boyle expressed that a lack of specialized containers to store the water samples may have affected the results.
...
https://www.stabroeknews.com/2016/n...es-tested-wake-kako-deaths-returned-negative/
 
Back
Top