Source:
https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/mu...-com-56-novos-casos-e-mais-de-mil-recuperados
Guinea-Bissau with 56 new cases and over 1,000 recovered
Guinea-Bissau recorded 56 new infections with the new coronavirus last week, bringing the cumulative total to 2,088 cases, including 1,015 recovered, the High Commission for Combating Covid-19 said today.
? Lusa
Minute News
10/08/20 20:05 ‧ 25 mins ago by Lusa
"There are 2,088 accumulated chaos, 1,015 recovered, 1,038 active and 29 deaths," said Magda Robalo, high commissioner of the fight against covid-19, at the weekly press conference to update the data related to the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus.
According to Magda Robalo, between August 3 and 9, 56 new cases of covid-19 were detected.
"Bolama and Bijag?s are the two regions where positive cases have not yet been detected," he said.
The former Minister of Health said that the country is increasing its capacity to test the population and that last week the regions of Quinara and Bafat? started to carry out tests, which, until now, have only been done in two laboratories in Bissau, capital of the parents.
"In principle, our ability to test the population will increase and cases should also increase," he said.
Magda Robalo insisted on the need for the population of Guinea-Bissau to wear a mask and comply with social distance to reduce the number of contagions.
Guinea-Bissau recorded the first cases of covid-19 in March, with Guinean President Umaro Sissoco Embal? decreed a state of emergency.
Since then, the state of emergency has been prolonged several times, the last of which until August 24...