Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
Flu death toll hits 42 in South Australia
By 9News Staff
9:32pm Jun 17, 2019
The death toll from the flu outbreak in South Australia has risen to 42 this year, with two more fatalities in the past week.
State health chiefs say 18,318 people have been struck down with the virus compared with only 1480 at the same time last year.
SA Health has increased special orders to GP clinics to cope with demand for flu shots and has distributed 100,000 vaccines...
[h=1]Flu cases in South Australia set to hit 20,000 as SA Health reveals there have been 82 deaths[/h] The death toll from South Australia's horror flu season has risen to 82 and the total number of reported cases is set to hit 20,000 compared to 1,500 at the same time last year.
[h=2]Key points:[/h]
SA Health says the additional 37 deaths did not necessarily occur in the past week
More than 80 nursing homes have experienced flu outbreaks
There are no shortages of the flu vaccine
SA Health acting chief medical officer Dr Nicola Spurrier said the figure ? up from 45 ? could be attributed to the way SA Health is notified about influenza deaths.
"We've had approximately 20,000 cases now of influenza ? this is obviously a much bigger flu season this year than last year," she said.
She said SA Health received notifications from Births, Deaths and Marriages about South Australians who had died and that information had to be matched up against hospital data about people who had contracted the disease.
[h=1]Flu death toll rises to 92 in South Australia as total number of cases ticks over 20,000[/h] The death toll from South Australia's influenza outbreak has been revised to 92 ? an increase of 10 on figures released last week.
[h=2]Key points:[/h]
The number of flu cases in SA this year has almost hit 20,500
There have been 92 fatalities, with 10 added to the death toll in the past week
SA Health data shows May was the deadliest month, with 56 deaths
The number of confirmed flu cases this year has now ticked over 20,000, with more than 500 of those in the past week alone.
SA Health updated its figures on flu-related deaths and also provided a more precise breakdown of when the deaths occurred.
It revealed that May was the deadliest month, accounting for 56 of the deaths.
There was one death in January, three in March, 19 deaths in April, 10 in June and three so far this month.