• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Fiji: 2022 Typhoid fever

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/30-cases-of-typhoid-fever/


30 cases of typhoid fever
Wanshika Kumar
18 February, 2022, 12:30 pm

There have been 30 cases of typhoid fever reported since the beginning of the year.

Health Ministry permanent secretary Dr James Fong said 11 cases were from the Central Division, 14 in the Western Division, and five in the North.

“Case numbers of typhoid fever are below the expected numbers for this time of year,” he said...
 
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/fiji-reports-44-cases-of-typhoid-fever/

Fiji reports 44 cases of typhoid fever
Timoci Vula
3 March, 2022, 12:48 pm

Fiji has recorded 44 cases of typhoid fever so far this year.

Ministry of Health and Medical Services permanent secretary Dr James Fong said the Central Division recorded 14 cases, which he added was within the number of cases expected for this time of the year.

He said the Northern Division reported six cases that were mostly from Bua.

He said that was also within the number of cases expected for this time of year...
 
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/fijis-health-ministry-reports-53-typhoid-cases-and-five-related-deaths/


Fiji’s Health Ministry reports 53 typhoid cases and five related deaths
Timoci Vula
10 March, 2022, 8:00 am

Fiji’s Ministry of Health and Medical Services has reported 53 cases of typhoid fever and five related deaths, including an infant, so far this year.

Ministry permanent secretary Dr James Fong said seven cases were reported in the last week – six from the West and one from North.

He said nationally, typhoid cases were within the number expected for this time of the year.

However, he added there were localised outbreaks in communities in Ra, Lautoka, and Nadi...
 
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/fijian-health-ministry-reports-67-cases-of-typhoid-fever/

Fijian Health Ministry reports 67 cases of typhoid fever
Timoci Vula
21 March, 2022, 8:00 am

Fiji’s Ministry of Health and Medical Services has reported 67 lab-confirmed cases of typhoid fever and five deaths this year.

Ministry permanent secretary Dr James Fong said 15 of the cases were recorded in the last week – 10 from the Western Division and two each from the Northern and Central divisions.

He said nationally, and in the Central, Northern, and Eastern divisions, typhoid cases were below the average, or at the average numbers expected for this time of the year.

“However, in the Western Division, there are localised outbreaks in communities in Ra, Lautoka, and Nadi. Sadly, there have been 5 deaths from typhoid fever this year,” Dr Fong said.

He said there had been five deaths since the last update on March 9...
 
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/village-o...reak-results-in-three-deaths-health-ministry/

Village on lockdown – Typhoid outbreak results in three deaths – Health Ministry
ANISH CHAND
23 March, 2022, 10:45 am

An outbreak of typhoid that resulted in the death of a woman and her two children has forced the Ministry of Health to impose a seven-day lockdown of Togovere in Rakiraki.

Health Ministry permanent secretary Dr James Fong said the situation in the village was a concern for the Western Division health team and measures were taken to contain the outbreak when it was first detected.

“Unfortunately, we are getting back data that there are some leakages in our containment measures,” he said...
 
Source: https://www.fijivillage.com/news/Typhoid-cases-exceed-outbreak-threshold-in-the-West-5rf8x4/

Typhoid cases exceed outbreak threshold in the West
By Rashika Kumar
Tuesday 05/04/2022

The Health Ministry says the number of typhoid fever cases have exceeded the outbreak threshold in the Western Division where there have been 50 cases so far this year.

There have been 83 confirmed cases of typhoid fever in Fiji this year, with 7 new cases last week.

Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says there is also a slight upward trend in cases noted in the Northern Division last week, driven by a localised outbreak in Cakaudrove...
 
Source: https://www.fijivillage.com/news/2-...rgence-of-typhoid-cases-in-Cakaudrove-485xrf/


2 villages on movement restriction as there is a resurgence of typhoid cases in Cakaudrove
By Shanil Singh
Saturday 16/07/2022

Movement restrictions have been imposed for the villagers of Waivunia and Natua as the Health Ministry has confirmed 6 new cases in Waivunia Village in Nasavusavu and Natua Village in Wailevu West.

The Cakaudrove Sub-Divisional Outbreak Response team in collaboration with the Fiji Police Force, Cakaudrove Provincial Council and NGO’s have implemented containment measures to prevent further outbreak in these two villages...
 
Source: https://www.fijitimes.com/village-locked-down-after-typhoid-cases-found/

Village locked down after typhoid cases found
Serafina Silaitoga
11 November, 2022, 11:08 am

The Ministry of Health has locked down a village in Macuata following eight cases of reported typhoid.

The ministry’s permanent secretary, Dr James Fong, confirmed they had to lock the village down after the increased reports of typhoid.

“We have received eight cases of typhoid with the last contact tracing made on October 28, 2022,” he said.

“All affected are clinically stable and completed treatment. We have no admissions now.

“There’s a two weeks restriction with the 10th day yesterday.”...
 
Back
Top