• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Eritrea: Covid-19 Cases - 361 cases

Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2020-03/26/content_75864658.htm

Eritrea confirms 3 more COVID-19 cases
Xinhua, March 26, 2020

ADDIS ABABA, March 26 (Xinhua) -- The Eritrean government has confirmed three more cases of COVID-19, increasing the total confirmed cases to four as of Thursday.

"Three passengers who arrived in Asmara from Dubai with flight Air Arabia on March 23, were diagnosed positive for COVID-19 on late Wednesday," the Eritrean Minister of Information Yemane Gebremeskel said in a statement issued...
 
Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2020-03/30/content_75878276.htm

Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Eritrea doubles to reach 12
Xinhua, March 30, 2020

ADDIS ABABA, March 30 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Eritrea has risen from six to 12, the Eritrea Ministry of Information has said.

Six more travellers who came to Eritrea prior to a ban on flights was imposed last Wednesday were diagnosed positive for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, the ministry said in a statement late Sunday.

The six new cases were confirmed during tests carried out in the past three days, it said...
 
https://www.facebook.com/EritreanPresss/

Eritrea Becomes the First African Country to Reject Chinese Coronavirus Aid

LATEST: 29 People have tested positive in Eritrea so far.

04 Apr 2020 – (EP) COVID-19 supplies donated by Chinese billionaire Jack Ma and his Alibaba Group never made it to Eritrea, despite Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's saying the supplies had been delivered to the entire continent (pictured), according to Voice of America (VOA).

The reasons why the goods did not reach Eritrea are unclear, but rights activists accuse the government of ignoring the needs of its people.

Two officials at the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which helped organize the delivery of the coronavirus masks and test kits to various African countries, confirmed to VOA that no supplies reached Eritrea
 
https://raimoq.com/confirmed-covid-1...w-risen-to-34/
Confirmed Covid-19 cases in Eritrea to-date has now risen to 34

Announcement from the Ministry of Health

One patient was diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out for quarantined individuals yesterday and today.

The patient is a 72-years old male national who returned home prior to the ban on Flights.

This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to-date to 34. All the patients are receiving necessary medical treatment.
 
https://www.africanews.com/2020/04/1...e-quarantined/

April 18, 2020: Eritrea president likens COVID-19 to sudden war


Eritrean president Isaias Afwerki has delivered his first public address on the coronavirus pandemic since the country recorded index case on March 21.

In a message broadcast via public broadcasters, Eri-TV and Radio Dimtsi Hafash, he likened the COVID-19 pandemic to a sudden war that the world least expected and was thus not fully prepared for.

“President Isaias noted that the global threat posed by the pandemic (COVID-19) is analogous to a sudden war, without any parallel in our contemporary times, that has been declared without any warning or prediction by all standards,” Minister of Information posted on Twitter.
......

As of April 18, the Eritrea COVID-19 situation report had 35 confirmed cases, all currently under treatment – meaning the country had not recorded any recovery or death. A lockdown was imposed weeks back by the COVID-19 Task Force with periodic regulations being issued by the Health Ministry through the information ministry website.
 
https://www.africanews.com/2020/05/0...e-quarantined/
May 8: 39 cases, 37 recoveries


Eritrea says it has only two patients with avtive cases as of May 8. Seven new recoveries brought the tally to 37 with 39 cases to date. The government howeber remains on high alert to a virus that contnues to spread across the world nd in the region.

Eritrea has not recorded a new case in weeks, the last was around mid-April. Government also disclosed hat over 3,000 arriving in the country had been quarantined since the index case was reported.

The official Ministry of Health statement read in part: “Seven patients have recovered fully after standard tests at the National Laboratory and were released from hospital today.

“This brings the number of recovered patients to-date to thirty-seven (37). The number of confirmed cases in the country to-date is thirty nine. In spite of its positive features, this achievement should not, however, convey a wrong picture and prompt us to relax our guard.
 
https://africa.cgtn.com/2020/05/16/e...ave-recovered/

The Eritrean Ministry of Health on Saturday said that all of the 39 COVID-19 patients in the Horn of African country have recovered from the infectious disease.

The Eritrean Ministry of Health, in a statement issued on Saturday, disclosed that all 39 COVID-19 patients in the country have recovered from the virus after the last patient “has recovered fully after standard tests at the National Laboratory and was released from hospital.”
 
Back
Top