• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Egypt - MOH Reports 5500 Injured in Revolt and Only 11 Deaths - Lack of Transparency in Egypt is Global Health Threat

sharon sanders

Editor-in-Chief & President
Many different reporters on the ground report personally seeing approximately 80 dead as a result of the revolt. The Ministry of Health numbers are not credible. Reports are that the UN is estimating approximately 300 deaths total.

Obviously this lack of credible accounting has major implications for the reporting of the disease status in Egypt as a whole;including but not limited, to A/H1N1 and H5N1 (Bird Flu).


machine translation -

Health: «demonstrations Friday» no deaths and 5500 wounded since Jan. 25

كتب هدى رشوان ٦/ ٢/ ٢٠١١​
Books Hoda Rashwan 06/02/2011 <table style="border-collapse: collapse; text-align: left; direction: ltr;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="center">
Dr. Ahmed Sameh Farid, Minister of Health, the total casualties from the beginning of the events on 25 January until Friday evening was 5500 injury, has been moved a few cases of them to all hospitals and Ministry of Health and the university hospitals and others, but most cases have been treated on the ground where their injuries were minor all were treated and left also with the exception of a small number of cases.


He pointed out that the total number of people who received hospital treatment since the beginning of 1134 amounted to events on Wednesday, February 2, left them only 111 hospitals, while the total number of deaths of 2 February and so far 11 deaths.


The number of casualties due to protests and clashes between supporters and opponents of President Mubarak on Friday reached from 9 am to 7 pm 28 wounded, was first aid and left with the exception of injured has a break in the basin Hospital Crescent, and the number of people living in the provinces outside Cairo, Shubra al-Khaimah and Qalyoub with 24 first aid and left all of whom only two are still receiving treatment, confirming that there were no deaths last night.


http://www.almasry-alyoum.com/article2.aspx?ArticleID=286737&IssueID=2034

</td></tr></tbody></table>
 
Re: Egypt - MOH Reports 5500 Injured in Revolt and Only 11 Deaths - Lack of Transparency in Egypt is Global Health Threat

Al-Jazeera video of the shooting of unarmed citizens:

Zhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqydgpyVNKY
 
Re: Egypt - MOH Reports 5500 Injured in Revolt and Only 11 Deaths - Lack of Transparency in Egypt is Global Health Threat

Egypt: Doctors Say Dozens More Dead Than Official Figures Claim

Friday, February 4, 2011 at 2:30PM

Excerpt:

Fattah said some of the most critically ill "died just on arrival, and some when we were doing resuscitation, because they arrived late." She counted 10 deaths at the hospitals in the first four days of protests, and another five to six deaths on Wednesday.

In Alexandria, a physician who asked not to be publicly identified, said that last Friday, he saw "masses of people coming into our ER" and estimated that "about 30 protesters" had died on arrival after being hit by "gunfire from live bullets to the chest, abdomen and head." He described "tens of patients" with bullet injuries to the chest, and others with bullets that had penetrated their brains and left them "deeply comatose." Like many doctors and surgeons, he described large numbers of people treated for "ruptured eye globes due to rubber bullets."

Full text:
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/world-news/tag/injuries
 
Re: Egypt - MOH Reports 5500 Injured in Revolt and Only 11 Deaths - Lack of Transparency in Egypt is Global Health Threat

the numbers being reported above were for a period of time starting on Wednesday afternoon and run Thur Thursday the following morning prior to daybreak.

as with many reports from the past, its pretty much a matter of policy to publish the information one time and almost never revisit the issue even in a case that only needs some clarification.

the 5500 injuries was a total number as of Friday at the latest.

the real likely total from media reports is likely closer to the UN estimated numbers. I think somebody in Texas has been building a listing of the dead by governorate, with age, gender, location and death of date.

The group Khalid Said that organized the protest list eleven of its members as martyrs in this peoples action.

A very long list of names was announced during the protest on this past Friday using a pa system within the tahir square gathering some of the family members spoke of they're children's actions as being truly patriotic and selfless and pray that these deaths bring about real change.
 
Back
Top