• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province) - negative test result

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Translation Google

Humanitarian situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo
Information note to the press, May 29, 2013

Suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District

 Six suspected cases of Ebola virus have been reported between 1 and 12 May in the area of health (ZS) Mongo in the Territory Aketi (Bas-Uele District). With support from the World Health Organization (WHO), a team from the Provincial Health Division is down on the field to investigate and take samples. The results are expected.

As a reminder, the outbreak of Ebola virus was officially declared in the health district of Haut-Uele West August 17, 2012 and officially ended November 26, 2012. During this period, 62 cases had been reported, including 34 deaths. ZS Isiro was the epicenter of the disease.

[...]
http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/OCHARDC-PIA_Note%20d%27information%20%C3%A0%20la%20presse%20FINAL%20-%20130529.pdf
 
Re: DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province)

Re: DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province)

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ted-cases-ebola-reported-dr-congo-un-20130529

Six suspected cases of Ebola reported in DR Congo: UN
Published on May 29, 2013
9:30 PM

KINSHASA (AFP) - Six suspected cases of Ebola have been reported in the northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo, just six months after an outbreak of the deadly virus ended in the area, the United Nations (UN) said on Wednesday.

Mr Sylvestre Ntumba, an official working for the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said the cases had been recorded between May 1 and May 12 in the Bas-Uele district, in the northeastern Orientale Province...
 
Re: DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province)

Re: DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province)

Translation Google

DRC: There is no Ebola virus in Eastern Province, provides the Department of Health

published 10 hours ago, 8 minutes | Last update on June 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM | in News, The One, National, National, Eastern Province, Health and Society. Keywords: Ebola, Orientale Province, DRC, Health

"There is no Ebola haemorrhagic fever virus in the area of ​​health Mongo in Eastern Province," said the director of the fight against this disease within the Ministry of Health, Dr Kebela. Wednesday, May 29, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), announced the discovery of six suspected cases of Ebola virus in the area of ​​health Mongo in this province.

"We received samples from Mongo, we have submitted to the National Institute for Biomedical Research (INRB), we have tested and all results were negative. So we can say that there is no Ebola hemorrhagic fever in Mongo in the Eastern Province, "assured Dr. Kebela.

He said tests are ongoing to find out what it is exactly.

"We are now examining the samples to see if it is not yellow fever and hepatitis. In that corner, there is a lot of movement of seeds of yellow fever, and trying to see if there is no other disease. I think Monday or Tuesday we will have a result to know what it was, "said Dr. Kebela.

You can listen to the statement of Dr. Kebele
Download

During the weekly Nations conference held on Wednesday 29 mail Ocha had reported six suspected cases of Ebola in the area of ​​health in the Eastern Province.

Declared in August 2012, in the district of Haut Uele, the end of the disease was recorded in November of the same year. During this period, 62 cases were reported, including 34 deaths.

The Ebola virus is transmitted by direct contact with blood, bodily fluids (sweat, urine or stool), through sexual and mishandling of contaminated corpses. To date, there is no treatment or vaccine against Ebola virus.

It pat manifest heavy bleeding. In 50-90% of cases, these are deadly fevers.

After an incubation period of ten days, the main symptom is a sudden onset of fever, accompanied by muscle aches, vomiting and diarrhea. If medical assistance is not fast enough, the patient died within a few days.

The Ebola virus was first identified in 1976 after the occurrence of major outbreaks in Sudan and northern Democratic Republic of Congo.

http://radiookapi.net/actualite/201...ce-orientale-assure-le-ministere-de-la-sante/
 
Re: DRC - 6 suspected cases of Ebola in the Bas-Uele District (Oriental province) - negative test result

the 06/04/13
Oriental Province
No. 22/13

OCHA weekly publication with the support of the Humanitarian Information Group (HIG).

Monitoring of suspected cases of Ebola:

According to health authorities, specimens from suspected cases of Ebola haemorrhagic fever virus (FHV) in the area of health Mongo (Aketi Territory in Bas-Uele) tested negative by national Institute of biomedical Research (INRB) in Kinshasa. Health officials say research is ongoing to determine the exact nature of the disease.

[...]
http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefwe...ulletin Humanitaire Prov Orientale 040613.pdf
 
Back
Top