• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Dominican Republic confirms 7 indigenous Zika cases

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
470e8ee25cb0ec1f51c1ac9ca982f776.gif


Friday, January 8, 2016


Samples of 5 suspected cases of zika send to US


The Minister of Health said they expect results next week

At least five cases of febrile rash illness, with similar clinical characteristics to Zika virus, have been detected in the country and the samples sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta to be discarded or confirmed, whose Results are expected next week.

This was revealed yesterday the Minister of Public Health, Altagracia Guzman Marcelino, who said the CDC results are important because it confirms whether at home or not indigenous circulation of the virus. He said samples were taken from patients in different parts of the country and one of them in addition to fever and rash presented conjunctivitis.
 
01/12/2016

Public Health reveals Zika virus suspicious samples sent to US were negative


The Minister of Health, Altagracia Guzman Marcelino, revealed Tuesday night that sopescohas virus samples that were sent zika analysis to a laboratory in the United States were negative.

The information was revealed on behalf of the Minister for Communications Director of Public Health, Carlos Rodriguez.
The five samples sent last week, were analyzed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta.

Marcelino Guzman announced recently that the surveillance is maintained in the country against the threat of zika and the samples analyzed were from suspected cases are registered three at the National District; one in Santo Domingo and one in Boca Chica.

Affected fever and rash.
 
Santo Domingo - Ministry of Health confirmed 7 indigenous zika cases

Friday, January 22, 2016

Ministry of Health confirmed twelve zika cases in the country

To date twelve have been reported confirmed cases of Zika in the country, seven are indigenous to five imported, it reported through a press release the Ministry of Public Health (MPH).

He also said that all those infected have received the respective treatment and recover in their homes. Meanwhile, at the national level they would be implementing measures to prevent the spread of the virus, according to the bulletin.

Health districts of El Oro perform fumigations and visits to rural and urban areas to destroy breeding sites of mosquito (Aedes aegypti), carrier of the disease.
 
Back
Top