Pathfinder
Editor, Senior Moderator
Translation Google
FEBRUARY 17, 20232:10 PMUPDATED 16 HOURS AGO
Doctors Without Borders suspends operations in Burkina Faso
By Reuters Staff
...
OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said on Friday it had suspended operations in Burkina Faso to assess the risks to the organization following the deaths of two of its staff in the northwest of the country.
MSF said it would only deal with absolute emergencies in areas of Burkina Faso where it provides medical and humanitarian support.
“This measure, necessary in this time of mourning, is essential and will allow us to assess the risks that our teams are currently facing,” the organization explained in a press release.
MSF had already suspended its operations in northwestern Burkina Faso after gunmen shot dead two of its staff there on February 8.
Over 1,000 NGO employees operate across Burkina Faso.
https://www.reuters.com/article/burkina-securite-msf-idFRKBN2UR1LG
------------------------------------------------------
Burkina: Doctor Without Borders suspends its activities
By Daouda ZONGO- February 18, 2023
Médecins sans frontières announces the suspension of its activities, following the attack which caused the death of two of its employees on February 8, 2023 .
“Following the attack during which two employees were killed on February 8 in the Boucle du Mouhoun region, we are suspending all of our activities in the country,” reads the note from Doctors Without Borders.
The two victims, of Burkinabe nationality, had been employed by MSF as a driver since July 2021 and a logistics supervisor since June 2020. They were 39 and 34 years old, respectively.
Between July and December 2022, MSF teams in Burkina Faso, present in four regions of the country, provided nearly 400,000 primary health consultations and assisted in the delivery of nearly 4,300 women.
Burkina Faso since 2015 has been facing armed terrorist attacks which have left several dead, injured and armed displaced persons.
By Wakat Sera
https://www.wakatsera.com/burkina-medecin-sans-frontiere-suspend-ses-activites/
-------------------------------------------------
Médecins Sans Frontières
Burkina Faso
Update 17 February 2023: Following the attack in which two MSF staff were killed on 8 February in the Boucle du Mouhoun region, we are suspending all our activities in the country. This measure, necessary for the time of mourning, is essential to analyze the risks to which our teams are currently exposed. We also want to reaffirm the unacceptable nature of this attack against colleagues travelling in a clearly marked MSF vehicle during their medical work. In all locations where MSF supports and provides medical and humanitarian aid in Burkina Faso, we will only respond to lifesaving emergencies for an indefinite period.
...
https://www.msf.org/burkina-faso
FEBRUARY 17, 20232:10 PMUPDATED 16 HOURS AGO
Doctors Without Borders suspends operations in Burkina Faso
By Reuters Staff
...
OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said on Friday it had suspended operations in Burkina Faso to assess the risks to the organization following the deaths of two of its staff in the northwest of the country.
MSF said it would only deal with absolute emergencies in areas of Burkina Faso where it provides medical and humanitarian support.
“This measure, necessary in this time of mourning, is essential and will allow us to assess the risks that our teams are currently facing,” the organization explained in a press release.
MSF had already suspended its operations in northwestern Burkina Faso after gunmen shot dead two of its staff there on February 8.
Over 1,000 NGO employees operate across Burkina Faso.
https://www.reuters.com/article/burkina-securite-msf-idFRKBN2UR1LG
------------------------------------------------------
Burkina: Doctor Without Borders suspends its activities
By Daouda ZONGO- February 18, 2023
Médecins sans frontières announces the suspension of its activities, following the attack which caused the death of two of its employees on February 8, 2023 .
“Following the attack during which two employees were killed on February 8 in the Boucle du Mouhoun region, we are suspending all of our activities in the country,” reads the note from Doctors Without Borders.
The two victims, of Burkinabe nationality, had been employed by MSF as a driver since July 2021 and a logistics supervisor since June 2020. They were 39 and 34 years old, respectively.
Between July and December 2022, MSF teams in Burkina Faso, present in four regions of the country, provided nearly 400,000 primary health consultations and assisted in the delivery of nearly 4,300 women.
Burkina Faso since 2015 has been facing armed terrorist attacks which have left several dead, injured and armed displaced persons.
By Wakat Sera
https://www.wakatsera.com/burkina-medecin-sans-frontiere-suspend-ses-activites/
-------------------------------------------------
Médecins Sans Frontières
Burkina Faso
Update 17 February 2023: Following the attack in which two MSF staff were killed on 8 February in the Boucle du Mouhoun region, we are suspending all our activities in the country. This measure, necessary for the time of mourning, is essential to analyze the risks to which our teams are currently exposed. We also want to reaffirm the unacceptable nature of this attack against colleagues travelling in a clearly marked MSF vehicle during their medical work. In all locations where MSF supports and provides medical and humanitarian aid in Burkina Faso, we will only respond to lifesaving emergencies for an indefinite period.
...
https://www.msf.org/burkina-faso