• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Cyprus: Woman from Paphos dies from influenza A at Limassol Hospital - 16 deaths

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
A 75 year old woman from Paphos died at Limassol Hospital where she had been admitted for influenza A, philenews has reported.
It said the woman, who had serious preexisting health problems was taken to Limassol Hospital from Paphos and admitted into the intensive care unit where despite doctors? efforts she died today.
Earlier on Wednesday, a 34 year old man from Larnaca died at Nicosia?s intensive care unit where he had been transferred from Larnaca Hospital in what is suspected to be another flu-related death.
The Ministry of Health said earlier this week that five people have died of influenza A so far this winter and that another 35 patients were still in hospital.

https://in-cyprus.com/woman-from-pap...ssol-hospital/
 
Last edited:
[h=1]Influenza A continues to send Cypriots to hospital, 5 people reported dead![/h] Another person has died from influenza A, bringing the total number of deaths to five, while another 35 people remain hospitalised, Philelefheros reported on Tuesday.

It said that a meeting was held at the Health Ministry yesterday to monitor the situation.
Although there has been a drop in the number of new cases, hospitals remain full and health authorities are on standby should the numbers spike.
The children?s wards in Limassol and Larnaca Hospitals remain full, while out-patient wards are continuing to see a large number of cases, the newspaper said. Additional beds have been installed at Limassol hospital and measures decided for Larnaca, Phileleftheros said.
Two additional wards have been opened in Nicosia Hospital and have been prepared should they be needed.
The situation at the children?s ward at Makarios Hospital in Nicosia has also improved compared to last week. and there has been a drop in the number of out-patients.

https://english.cyprustimes.com/cyp...-cypriots-to-hospital-5-people-reported-dead/
 
[h=1]One person dies of swine flu in north[/h] One person has died of swine flu in the north, while five more cases are being treated, it emerged on Tuesday.
According to Turkish Cypriot health minister Filiz Besim tests were carried out on 80 people showing flu symptoms, six of whom tested positive for swine flu, also known as the H1N1 virus.
Besim noted that vaccine stocks are plenty, adding that measures have been taken to tackle the increase in swine flu incidents,

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/02/26/one-person-dies-of-swine-flu-in-north/
 
[h=1]Three more people die from flu[/h] Three more deaths have been linked to influenza A, bringing the total number of deaths this season to 16, the health ministry announced on Tuesday.
The patients were hospitalised in various hospitals for 13 to 57 days and two of them suffered from other health problems.
Since December last year 58 serious incidents of the flu were reported to the ministry. Most of them have been discharged from hospitals by now.

In the past week, the number of cases has declined significantly, the health ministry said, but the virus is still active and is expected to remain so until the end of the month.
At the moment, four serious cases are being treated in intensive care units but no major incidents have been admitted in the past two days.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/03/05/three-more-people-die-from-flu/
 
Back
Top