• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Cyprus - Covid-19: 1,520 cases, 22 deaths?

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-c...s-case/1766813

Northern Cyprus confirms 6th coronavirus case
Turkish Cypriot citizen returned to country from UK diagnosed with coronavirus
Muhammed Ikbal Arslan | 15.03.2020
Northern Cyprus confirms 6th coronavirus case

LEFKOSA, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) announced on Sunday that one more person tested positive for the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19, raising the tally to six in the country.

A Turkish Cypriot citizen who returned to the country from Britain was diagnosed with COVID-19.

The country’s Health Minister Ali Pilli told Turkish News Agency-Cyprus that three people from a group of German tourists who were already under observation have tested negative for the virus.

In the TRNC, four tourists and one citizen had earlier been diagnosed with the virus.

On Tuesday, Health Minister Ali Pilli had announced the country's first case was a 65-year-old tourist from Germany...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Source: https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-seven-more-cases-total-at-39/


Coronavirus: Seven more cases, total at 39
By Evie AndreouMarch 15, 2020
Paphos hospital is closed for 48 hours

Seven more new Covid-19 cases were confirmed on Sunday, the health ministry announced, bringing the total number islandwide to 39.

The latest cases concern five persons who were in self-isolation after returning from the UK and contacted the authorities after presenting symptoms. The other two cases concern persons who were self-isolated after coming in contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case.

The health ministry’s epidemiology unit has already started tracing their contacts to be also tested...
 
Source: https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-nine-new-confirmed-cases-total-now-at-58/

Coronavirus: Nine new confirmed cases, total now at 58
March 18, 2020 at 6:31pm
Edited by Bouli Hadjioannou

Another nine patients have tested positive for coronavirus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Republic of Cyprus to 58.

In an announcement on Wednesday afternoon, the Health Ministry said that it had been notified by the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics of nine new confirmed cases.

They are

four people who came into contact with a case which was confirmed a few days ago
three people who had returned from Greece and were in self isolation at home and contacted the authorities after developing symptoms
one person from the British Bases
one person whose contraction history is being investigated..
 
Source: https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/number-of-confirmed-coronavirus-cases-in-cypr-870511.html


Number Of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In Cyprus Rises To 75 - Health Ministry
Sumaira FH 23 minutes ago Sat 21st March 2020 | 01:50 AM

ATHENS (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 21st March, 2020) The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Cyprus rose by eight over the past 24 hours, bringing the total count of infected people to 75, the country's Health Ministry said on Friday.

According to the ministry, all eight people had contacts with those previously infected. In turn, their recent contacts are being identified...
 
Source: https://www.financialmirror.com/202...us-has-123-cases-as-north-goes-into-lockdown/

COVID-19: Divided Cyprus has 133 cases as north goes into lockdown
23rd March 2020
by fm

Turkish Cypriot authorities reported three new cases of coronavirus, bringing up the number of cases in the north of Cyprus to 38 while north goes into lockdown.

Some 31 cases involve German tourist who came to the island as part of a 39-strong tour group, via the Ercan (Tymbou) airport in the Turkish occupied north.

Divided Cyprus has registered 133 coronavirus cases after the Republic also reported that another 11 people have been infected on Sunday, bringing numbers of infected people to 95....
 
Source: https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/03/25/covid19-cyprus-cases-rise-to-132/



Cyprus/World
COVID19: Cyprus cases rise to 132
25th March 2020

Cyprus confirmed eight new coronavirus cases on Wednesday bringing the number to 132 since the outbreak on March 9.

Added to the 42 confirmed cases in the Turkish occupied north of the island, divided Cyprus has a total of 174 infected people since the outbreak.

Among the 8 new confirmed cases in the Republic were four people located through tracking down contacts of other confirmed cases.

Two of the cases were people who returned to Cyprus from Europe countries and after developing symptoms they got in touch with the authorities.

The background of another positive two positive cases is being investigated.

The epidemiological monitoring unit of the Ministry of Health has already started tracking down the contacts of all 8 confirmed cases and will proceed with taking samples for the specialised tests to be conducted.

The number of positive cases has reached 132, including three in the British Bases, of which 69 were infected in Cyprus.

Five of the cases are on a ventilator, two of which are in a more critical condition, but the majority are self-isolating at home...
 
https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/26/c...-14-new-cases/
The government approved stiffer penalties for those violating the restrictions on movement on Thursday as 14 more people tested positive for Covid-19, raising the total in the south of the island to 146.

The ministry of health said four of the new coronavirus cases arrived from overseas, eight were identified after contact tracing, one person is a doctor from Paphos, and there is one more individual whose background of movements is being investigated. The numbers include three cases from the British Bases.

To date of the 146 confirmed cases, 76 came into contact with other people found to be infected with the virus.

Meantime in the north nine new infections were confirmed, bringing the total there to 56
 
Source: https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/03/27/covid19-divided-cyprus-has-more-than-200-cases/

COVID19: Divided Cyprus has more than 200 cases
27th March 2020
by fm


COVID-19 cases in divided Cyprus have exceeded 200 after Turkish Cypriot authorities confirmed another two new cases in the north bringing the number there to 58, while the Republic has reported 146.

According to the Turkish Cypriot “health minister” Ali Pilli, a total of 645 diagnostic tests were carried out in the occupied areas which yielded 58 positive results...
 
Source: https://www.yenisafak.com/en/life/turkish-cyprus-reports-first-covid-19-death-3515268

Turkish Cyprus reports first COVID-19 death
67-year-old German tourist succumbs to virus in Lefkosa, says Health Ministry of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
News Service
14:37 March 28, 2020

The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) confirmed on Saturday the first death in the country due to the novel coronavirus.

A 67-year-old German male patient succumbed to the virus in Lefkosa, the Health Ministry said in a statement...

...As of March 23, the partial curfew in the TRNC entered into force. There is a total of 61 cases in the country...
 
https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/27/c...able-update-1/
The health ministry on Friday announced that two more people died, a 76-year-old Cypriot woman with underlying health problems, and a 47-year-old man from Greece.

Total deaths are now at five, with an average age of 63, and the total number of confirmed cases is now 162.

“Unfortunately, today in the fight against the pandemic we lost two more people who were being treated at the Limassol Intensive Care Unit,” said Dr Marios Loizou.

“Today’s losses remind us of what we have said from the beginning. We are facing a difficult situation. An invisible enemy. Trying to win, to save as many lives as possible should be universal. It concerns all of us. Everyone has to do their job.”

Loizou added as of 3pm on Friday, 18 individuals were being treated at Famagusta General, with two in the intensive care.

Another 13 have been intubated in intensive care units, seven in Limassol and six in Nicosia. Loizou said their condition was critical, but stable.

He added one more person was in the intensive care at Limassol but not intubated.
 
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-he...-idUKKBN21H2F7
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Cyprus imposed a curfew on Monday to contain the spread of coronavirus, extending a broad lockdown introduced two weeks ago after a weekend surge in recorded cases.

From March 31, people with only some exceptions are banned from leaving their homes after 2100 local (1800 GMT) until 0600 the following morning, the health ministry said.

.....
Thirty five new cases recorded on Sunday night — more than double the number reported on Saturday — brought Cyprus’ total to 214 cases. An additional 16 were recorded on Monday, bringing the total to 230. There have been seven recorded deaths since the outbreak first surfaced on the island on March 9, the health ministry said.
 
https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/31/c...unced-tuesday/
A man suffering from Covid-19 has died, bringing the total number of fatalities to eight, health authorities said on Tuesday, while 32 new cases were detected.

At the same time, a woman with Covid-19 gave birth to a boy via c-section at Makarios children’s hospital. The two are doing well. The baby will be also tested for the virus.

The woman, who is a mother of two other children, was without symptoms.

She will remain isolated for a few days and will not come into contact with the newborn who is also in isolation.

If all goes well, mother and son will be discharged in a few days to return to Paphos.

Health authorities said an 83-year-old man died from the complications caused by the virus. Of the eight fatalities, two had no apparent underlying health issues. The average age was 68.

The 32 new cases were from 550 tests.

This brings the total number of cases in the Republic to 262, including nine at the British bases. Turkish Cypriots have so far reported 70 cases and one death.

Authorities have so far carried out around 7,400 tests.

The majority of those found positive were men, 57 per cent. Most of the cases, or 66 per cent, were aged between 25 and 59.

This is followed by the 60 plus age group with 26 per cent, and 0 to 19 years old at 5 per cent.

Paphos
 
Source: https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/04/03/covid19-cyprus-cases-remain-stubbornly-high/

...Cyprus registered another 40 new coronavirus cases and one fatality, bringing total infections to 396 plus nine deaths since the outbreak last month.

The death reported on Friday would have taken the toll higher, but under a revised methodology, the Health Ministry said deaths brought on by COVID-19 are nine.

It said 13 people have died after testing positive to the virus but four patients of other causes, according to the new methodology used by the ministry...

...Meanwhile, Turkish Cypriot authorities announced another 7 cases on Friday, bringing the total in the Turkish occupied north of the island to 88, and two deaths.

Divided Cyprus now registers a total of 484 COVID-19 cases.
 
https://cyprus-mail.com/category/cyprus/
Cyprus announced 30 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, bringing the total in the Republic to 426.

Of the 30 cases, 13 were contacts with confirmed cases, three were from a cluster in Aradippou in Larnaca, and one from an overseas trip.

Thirteen other cases were being investigated.

Nine deaths have been attributed to Covid-19, with no further patients dying on Saturday. Thirty-three patients who had been treated in hospital have recovered.

On the positive side, one more Covid-19 patient was extubated on Saturday, the second in two days.
 
Source: https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/04/06/coronavirus-nineteen-more-cases/

Coronavirus: One more case in the north, total at 92 (Updated)
By Peter Michael April 6, 2020

One more person in the north tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19) on Monday, the ‘health minister’ Ali Pilli reported, raising the total number of cases to 92.

Pilli said a total of 323 tests were conducted, and one more person from Lapithos tested positive.

According to the ‘minister,’ 47 individuals were undergoing treatment for the virus, and two people were in intensive care, with one of them being given respiratory support by a ventilator...

***********

Source: https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/04/06/coronavirus-nineteen-more-cases/

Coronavirus: Nineteen more cases, one of them an infant (Updated)
By Evie AndreouApril 6, 2020

Nineteen more people have tested positive for coronavirus the health ministry said on Monday, bringing the total number of cases to 465.

One of the new cases is a three-month-old baby at the Makarios hospital in Nicosia.

No deaths were reported.
 
Back
Top