• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia linked to Singapore meeting spark WHO investigation

Commonground

Senior Moderator
[h=1]Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia linked to Singapore meeting spark WHO investigation[/h]
  • A Malaysian and South Korean were infected after going to a conference in Singapore, which included guests from China and Wuhan
  • The source of their infections has not been identified
Published: 11:26am, 5 Feb, 2020
Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia tied to a business meeting in Singapore attended by visitors from China have prompted an investigation into the infection’s international spread.
A 41-year-old man in Malaysia and a 38-year-old man in South Korea were infected with the so-called 2019-nCoV virus after attending a meeting at a Singapore hotel in the third week of January, health authorities said.


The World Health Organisation (WHO) is coordinating with Singapore’s Ministry of Health in relation to the event, said Olivia Lawe Davies, the agency’s Manila-based regional communications manager. “Based on current information, there is no evidence of effective and sustained community transmission,” Lawe Davies said in an email on Wednesday. “As countries are stepping up surveillance, the detection of more cases of local transmission can be expected.”
-snip-
The infected Malaysian man had travelled to Singapore from January 16 to 23 for a meeting with colleagues from China – including one from Wuhan, the epicentre of the epidemic. But he only showed symptoms on January 29, nearly a week after he returned to Malaysia, health authorities there said.
-snip-
The 38-year-old South Korean man was confirmed as South Korea’s 17th case on Wednesday. He had contracted the disease from the Malaysian man when he attended the same meeting in Singapore from January 18-24, the Korea Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said.

“After returning from the conference, the 17th patient was later told that there had been a confirmed patient, a Malaysian, among the participants of the event,” the KCDC said in a statement. “He then visited a clinic on Tuesday for a test.”
Continued:
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east...th-korea-confirms-two-new-cases-including-man
 
Back
Top