• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Coronavirus and cover-up: Egypt's two-fronted war

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...infection-coverup-military-sisi-herd-immunity


Coronavirus and cover-up: Egypt's two-fronted war
A high-ranking military officer tells MEE the outbreak is much wider spread than the government admits - or is prepared to handle
By Amr Khalifa
Published date: 29 March 2020 12:18 UTC | Last update: 5 hours 52 min ago

For weeks, suspicions have abounded that the Egyptian government has not been open about the extent of the country’s Covid-19 outbreak.

Multiple events this past week, including the deaths of two senior military leaders and now the leak of a military document suggesting that the virus is more widespread than previously disclosed, have only entrenched that view.

When Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi finally emerged from a long public absence on Sunday, he stressed that his government was dealing with the crisis with full transparency and encouraged Egyptians to stay at home for two weeks.

“We don't want the crisis to hit larger numbers,” he said during the same TV address.

The government did not implement a lockdown, perhaps being savvy enough to recognise the economic hardship that would entail for millions even if it would have made more sense from a public health standpoint. You can't employ social distancing only 50 percent of the time...
 
Back
Top