• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Coronavirus: a suspected case reported in Guinea - negative

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Translation Google

Coronavirus: a suspected case reported in Guinea

published 44 minutes ago The 02/04/2020
Through Guinee360

In a communication made this Tuesday, February 04, 2020, the National Health Security Agency (ANSS) announces a suspicious case in Guinea. The suspected case is a young Bangladeshi mechanic, health officials said .

"We started by strengthening our entry points. We have targeted Conakry Airport plus certain ports. Thanks to our devices put at Conakry Airport, yesterday evening, we had an Asian citizen from the Republic of Bangladesh who had been staying in Guinea for 6 months. He made the trip to the sister Republic of Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did four days there. It was on his return that he started to have a fever and cough. Thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera felt that it was feverish. We alerted our agents on the spot. This is how we isolated him in our center that we prepared at the airport. Thanks to the alert number that we set up, explained Dr. Sakoba Keita.

Furthermore, the ANSS announces that the suspect case has been placed in quarantine at the Nongo Epidemiological Treatment Center.
...

https://www.guinee360.com/04/02/2020...ale-en-guinee/

------------------------------------------------------------

Coronavirus: a suspected case in Conakry, the person isolated in a treatment center (official)

Through Nassiou Sow -February 4, 2020023

...

The suspect of Bangladeshi nationality, had been staying in Guinea for 6 months before making a trip to Senegal.

From the outset, the director general of the ANSS explained the circumstances in which the patient was suspected and admitted to the Center for Treatment of Diseases with Epidemiological Potential (CETEPI) in Nongo. “This mechanic by profession, who has been staying in Guinea for 6 months, moved to Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did 4 days in this country and it was on his return that he started to have a fever and a cough. And thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera reported his case to health workers because of the too high fever he presented. He was then admitted to the isolation room at the airport before being taken to CETEPI in Nongo in the commune of Ratoma, ”said Dr Sakoba K?ita at the start.

For his part, the head of the ANSS care department, Dr Moumi? Barry, explained to journalists the clinical signs presented by the suspect: "this 22 year old gentleman from Senegal by the regular flight of Air Senegal, had a fever (40 ?), a cough, headache and severe fatigue. Faced with these symptoms, the patient was isolated at the medical control service at Conakry airport before being taken to CETEPI by a medical ambulance. A multidisciplinary team has been at his bedside since yesterday and his case is progressing more or less well. A sample was taken by the National Institute of Public Health for a deep analysis and it will be isolated until the results are obtained. "

For the director of the ANSS, Guinean citizens should not be alarmed since no case of Coronavirus has yet been detected in either Senegal or Guinea. However, for safety measures, nothing should be overlooked, said Dr. Sakoba K?ita while reassuring that the patient's condition improved significantly on Tuesday.

https://www.guineenews.org/coronavir...ment-officiel/
 
Translation Google

Guinean authorities explain the first suspected case of Coronavirus

By ledjely.com on February 4, 2020

Following the detection, this Tuesday, February 4, 2020, of a first suspected case of Coronavirus in Guinea, the director of the National Health Security Agency (ANSS), hosted a press briefing. During this conclave with the media, Dr. Sakoba Ke?ta gave all the explanations related to this first, from the circumstances of the detection to its management, in particular. The Director of the ANSS, who does not believe that the case can prove to be, justified the measures put in place by the need for caution and prevention.

The individual in whom this first suspected case was detected is a young Bangladeshi man suffering from an " unknown disease ". However, Dr. Sakoba clarified that tests are underway to find out more. “ He is a 22-year-old mechanic from Bangladesh. This gentleman has been in Guinea for 6 months. (…) He was called to go and repair special trucks in Senegal. He left and only spent 4 days in Dakar. When he returned to the airport yesterday, he started to have his lung disease. So he had a rise in temperature , ”explains the Director of the ANSS.

It is a thermal camera recently installed at Conakry airport that will have detected the case. “ Immediately, the health services isolated him and they called our epidemiological treatment center, which sent the ambulance to drive him. This case is isolated in Nongo and has greatly improved. We took samples which were sent to our laboratories responsible for confirming the nature of the disease and we will have the results within 24 hours ”, continues Dr. Sakoba Ke?ta.

Even if he wants to be careful, the Director nevertheless thinks that there is very little chance that this first case is a case of Coronavirus. “ He has been staying in Guinea for 6 months. And in Guinea, there is no coronavirus, Senegal also does not. So how is he going to get the disease? For the moment, it's a suspicion and we're waiting . But he hastens to add as soon as it is necessary to await the results of the examinations. " Because the jurisprudence in medicine asks us to do the examination so as not to give something that we could deny tomorrow ", he concludes cautiously

Balla Yombouno

https://www.ledjely.com/2020/02/04/...nt-sur-le-premier-cas-suspect-de-coronavirus/
 
Translation Google

Guinea: Coronavirus suspect's results turn out to be negative.

Through Nassiou Sow -February 4, 2020

More fear than harm. The case of the suspect of Coronavirus in Conakry this Monday evening at the home of a Bangladeshi was overturned by the National Agency for Health Security (ANSS). The results given on Tuesday by the analysis laboratories of the National Institute of Public Health (INSP) and CREMS, turn out to be negative according to the ANSS.

Coming from Senegal, the Bangladeshi had been suspected at Conakry airport because of the signs he presented.

He was treated on the spot in the isolation room, before being transported to the treatment center for epidemiological diseases in Nongo.

According to our sources, the suspected patient suffered from chronic pulmonary diseases and therefore does not carry the coronavirus.

https://www.guineenews.org/guinee-les-resultats-du-suspect-du-coronavirus-saverent-negatifs/
 
Back
Top