Pathfinder
Editor, Senior Moderator
Translation Google
Coronavirus: a suspected case reported in Guinea
published 44 minutes ago The 02/04/2020
Through Guinee360
In a communication made this Tuesday, February 04, 2020, the National Health Security Agency (ANSS) announces a suspicious case in Guinea. The suspected case is a young Bangladeshi mechanic, health officials said .
"We started by strengthening our entry points. We have targeted Conakry Airport plus certain ports. Thanks to our devices put at Conakry Airport, yesterday evening, we had an Asian citizen from the Republic of Bangladesh who had been staying in Guinea for 6 months. He made the trip to the sister Republic of Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did four days there. It was on his return that he started to have a fever and cough. Thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera felt that it was feverish. We alerted our agents on the spot. This is how we isolated him in our center that we prepared at the airport. Thanks to the alert number that we set up, explained Dr. Sakoba Keita.
Furthermore, the ANSS announces that the suspect case has been placed in quarantine at the Nongo Epidemiological Treatment Center.
...
https://www.guinee360.com/04/02/2020...ale-en-guinee/
------------------------------------------------------------
Coronavirus: a suspected case in Conakry, the person isolated in a treatment center (official)
Through Nassiou Sow -February 4, 2020023
...
The suspect of Bangladeshi nationality, had been staying in Guinea for 6 months before making a trip to Senegal.
From the outset, the director general of the ANSS explained the circumstances in which the patient was suspected and admitted to the Center for Treatment of Diseases with Epidemiological Potential (CETEPI) in Nongo. “This mechanic by profession, who has been staying in Guinea for 6 months, moved to Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did 4 days in this country and it was on his return that he started to have a fever and a cough. And thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera reported his case to health workers because of the too high fever he presented. He was then admitted to the isolation room at the airport before being taken to CETEPI in Nongo in the commune of Ratoma, ”said Dr Sakoba K?ita at the start.
For his part, the head of the ANSS care department, Dr Moumi? Barry, explained to journalists the clinical signs presented by the suspect: "this 22 year old gentleman from Senegal by the regular flight of Air Senegal, had a fever (40 ?), a cough, headache and severe fatigue. Faced with these symptoms, the patient was isolated at the medical control service at Conakry airport before being taken to CETEPI by a medical ambulance. A multidisciplinary team has been at his bedside since yesterday and his case is progressing more or less well. A sample was taken by the National Institute of Public Health for a deep analysis and it will be isolated until the results are obtained. "
For the director of the ANSS, Guinean citizens should not be alarmed since no case of Coronavirus has yet been detected in either Senegal or Guinea. However, for safety measures, nothing should be overlooked, said Dr. Sakoba K?ita while reassuring that the patient's condition improved significantly on Tuesday.
https://www.guineenews.org/coronavir...ment-officiel/
Coronavirus: a suspected case reported in Guinea
published 44 minutes ago The 02/04/2020
Through Guinee360
In a communication made this Tuesday, February 04, 2020, the National Health Security Agency (ANSS) announces a suspicious case in Guinea. The suspected case is a young Bangladeshi mechanic, health officials said .
"We started by strengthening our entry points. We have targeted Conakry Airport plus certain ports. Thanks to our devices put at Conakry Airport, yesterday evening, we had an Asian citizen from the Republic of Bangladesh who had been staying in Guinea for 6 months. He made the trip to the sister Republic of Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did four days there. It was on his return that he started to have a fever and cough. Thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera felt that it was feverish. We alerted our agents on the spot. This is how we isolated him in our center that we prepared at the airport. Thanks to the alert number that we set up, explained Dr. Sakoba Keita.
Furthermore, the ANSS announces that the suspect case has been placed in quarantine at the Nongo Epidemiological Treatment Center.
...
https://www.guinee360.com/04/02/2020...ale-en-guinee/
------------------------------------------------------------
Coronavirus: a suspected case in Conakry, the person isolated in a treatment center (official)
Through Nassiou Sow -February 4, 2020023
...
The suspect of Bangladeshi nationality, had been staying in Guinea for 6 months before making a trip to Senegal.
From the outset, the director general of the ANSS explained the circumstances in which the patient was suspected and admitted to the Center for Treatment of Diseases with Epidemiological Potential (CETEPI) in Nongo. “This mechanic by profession, who has been staying in Guinea for 6 months, moved to Senegal where he was invited to repair a machine. He did 4 days in this country and it was on his return that he started to have a fever and a cough. And thanks to our devices put at the airport, the thermal camera reported his case to health workers because of the too high fever he presented. He was then admitted to the isolation room at the airport before being taken to CETEPI in Nongo in the commune of Ratoma, ”said Dr Sakoba K?ita at the start.
For his part, the head of the ANSS care department, Dr Moumi? Barry, explained to journalists the clinical signs presented by the suspect: "this 22 year old gentleman from Senegal by the regular flight of Air Senegal, had a fever (40 ?), a cough, headache and severe fatigue. Faced with these symptoms, the patient was isolated at the medical control service at Conakry airport before being taken to CETEPI by a medical ambulance. A multidisciplinary team has been at his bedside since yesterday and his case is progressing more or less well. A sample was taken by the National Institute of Public Health for a deep analysis and it will be isolated until the results are obtained. "
For the director of the ANSS, Guinean citizens should not be alarmed since no case of Coronavirus has yet been detected in either Senegal or Guinea. However, for safety measures, nothing should be overlooked, said Dr. Sakoba K?ita while reassuring that the patient's condition improved significantly on Tuesday.
https://www.guineenews.org/coronavir...ment-officiel/