Translation Google
No Ebola virus disease in Bandundu, the minister of public health
July 3rd, 2015
Kinshasa, 03/06 (ACP) .- The Minister of Health, Felix Kabange Numbi said Friday, during a press conference held in Kinshasa, that no cases of Ebola virus disease was yet notified in Bandundu Province, after the death of four hunters who consumed the meat of antelope found sick in the bush, in the village of Masambio located roughly 150 km of Bandundu City and 270 km from Kinshasa.
"There are two facts that justify if there is or not the disease, notably major clinical signs and incubation period (time elapsed between the time of infection and the time of the clinical signs). Generally, this time varies between 7 and 15 days and can even go up to 21 days. The period may be reduced when, for example, is transfused the blood of a person who contracted the Ebola disease. "said the minister.
For the situation of the village Masambio, Felix Kabange reported that pending the results of the analysis of samples taken, we can not say that this is the Ebola virus disease. This is justified by the fact that none of these six hunters had fever and the other clinical symptoms, including diarrhea, vomiting, red colored urine and jaundice of the eyes, came forward three days after the consumption of this meat. "All presented these signs on the same day," he said.
He has, for this purpose, reported that the samples are being sent to the National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) in Kinshasa for further confirmations. He also said that apart from these hunters, no other person has clinical signs, while a part of this meat was consumed in Bandundu city and another in the village of Masambio. Of these six hunters, said Dr. Felix Kabange Numbi, four died, including one in Bandundu City and three in Masambio.
"We dispatched epidemiologists and outreach teams in this site with all precautions on communicable diseases. The products of disinfection of premises, protection and collection equipment and all equipment in the fight against Ebola available to them to react as soon as possible in case of Ebola, "he said, because" it takes Always err by effect. "
Furthermore, the Minister Felix Kabange Numbi has not only urged people to calm, but he also invited to practice hygiene, especially regular hand washing.
Ongoing investigations into an alert to Marburg in Zongo
As for the case of a Congolese living in Zongo in northern Equateur province, diagnosed positive for Marburg fever by the Institut Pasteur in Bangui in the Central African Republic, the Minister of Public Health revealed that investigations continue sensitizing and that team will soon visit the area.
"There is no epidemic of Marburg fever in DRC," he said, before saying that the Ministry of Public Health has initiated investigations dice reception of this new and so far there were no reported cases of Marburg fever.
Moreover, Dr. Kabange explained that two Congolese of Zongo left for mourning in Bangui where they had high fevers. From there, we brought samples of their blood at the Pasteur Institute of Bangui where they were examined and the result was positive for Marburg virus for one of them. This result was made public immediately in CAR. There was confusion because they did not know, at this institute, which of the two people had been diagnosed positive for Marburg virus. Thus the Pasteur Institute was forced to redo the tests for the two Congolese subjects who had already returned in Zongo. This time the results have been negative for two people.
The Marburg fever has for reservoir the bat. And yet, said Minister of Health, there are no old mines in Zongo to serve as a refuge for bats and cause fever Marburg.ACP / Fng / Mat / Ndom
http://acpcongo.com/acp/pas-de-mala...dundu-selon-le-ministre-de-la-sante-publique/