• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Cholera Kills 43 on Kenya-Somali Border

sharon sanders

Editor-in-Chief & President
Cholera kills 43 on Kenya-Somali border

Fri 29 Feb 2008, 13:27 GMT
<input value="13" name="CurrentSize" id="CurrentSize" type="hidden"> [-] Text [+]

ISIOLO, Kenya (Reuters) - Cholera has killed 43 people in the last two weeks along the remote border between Kenya and Somalia, officials in both nations said on Friday.
Abubakar Abdi, a public health official in Kenya's Mandera District, said 30 people, including at least six children, had died there from the water-borne disease in a fortnight.
Meat exports to Somalia and Ethiopia were banned, he said.
On the Somali side of the border, a staff member with the Irish charity Trocaire said 13 people had died from 676 suspected cases, 257 of which had needed hospital treatment.
"We responded when we received the first case, mobilised all organisations working in the area, and so far we have managed to control the situation," Simon Oboso told Reuters by telephone.

http://africa.reuters.com/top/news/usnBAN948438.html
 
Back
Top