• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

China - Woman, 24, First suspected case of domestic swine flu - Guangdong Province

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
The previous article from HongKong says "confirmed" .

First suspected case of domestic swine flu in China

29 May 2009

BEIJING: China's health ministry reported Friday the first suspected case of swine flu involving a person infected with the virus inside the country.

The patient, a 24-year-old woman in the southern province of Guangdong, had been in close contact with a confirmed carrier of the A(H1N1) virus, the ministry said in a statement.

The woman works as a make-up artist at a photo studio in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong, and came in touch with the confirmed case when he and his girlfriend had wedding photos taken Monday and Tuesday, it said.

On Wednesday, she developed a headache and a fever, and after she was hospitalised, Guangzhou health officials said she was a suspected swine flu case.

The health ministry said the confirmed case was a 28-year-old Chinese-American man employed at a hospital in New York, who had flown to Guangzhou on Sunday.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/China-reports-1st-domestic-flu-case/articleshow/4592022.cms
 
Back
Top