Pathfinder
Editor, Senior Moderator
Health | Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:45am EDT
South Korean man who was China's only MERS case recovers
SEOUL
REUTERS/KEREK WONGSA
A South Korean man who became China's only case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) has fully recovered and is being released from a Chinese hospital on Friday, the South Korean health ministry said.
The 44-year-old man, whose father is another MERS patient, had defied recommendations from health authorities in South Korea to remain in voluntary quarantine, flying to Hong Kong in late May before taking a bus to mainland China.
He later tested positive for the MERS virus and had been hospitalised in the Chinese city of Huizhou, where his initially unstable condition gradually improved, the ministry said.
There have been no other MERS case reported in China or Hong Kong.
...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/26/us-health-mers-southkorea-idUSKBN0P600F20150626
South Korean man who was China's only MERS case recovers
SEOUL
REUTERS/KEREK WONGSA
A South Korean man who became China's only case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) has fully recovered and is being released from a Chinese hospital on Friday, the South Korean health ministry said.
The 44-year-old man, whose father is another MERS patient, had defied recommendations from health authorities in South Korea to remain in voluntary quarantine, flying to Hong Kong in late May before taking a bus to mainland China.
He later tested positive for the MERS virus and had been hospitalised in the Chinese city of Huizhou, where his initially unstable condition gradually improved, the ministry said.
There have been no other MERS case reported in China or Hong Kong.
...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/26/us-health-mers-southkorea-idUSKBN0P600F20150626