• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

China reports second A/H1N1 death

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g0FKHqc8CF5RP7FX1MqggqktA50A

China reports second swine flu death

(AFP) ? 24 minutes ago

BEIJING ? China has reported its second swine flu death after a patient in the northwestern province of Qinghai died of the disease.

The health ministry gave no details on the patient in a brief statement posted on its website late Friday.

China has confirmed a total of 26,348 cases since the (A)H1N1 virus first emerged, including 13 people who remained in serious condition, the ministry said in the statement.

China reported its first swine flu death on October 6, after a patient in Tibet succumbed to the virus.

The government immediately sent 200,000 doses of A(H1N1) vaccine to the Himalayan region, but the ministry statement on Friday did not mention similar plans for Qinghai.

China has vaccinated more than 300,000 people against swine flu, the health ministry said a week ago, but warned the nation was facing a "grim" task of preventing outbreaks and keeping the number of deaths in check.

The ministry said last month that "tens of millions" of people in the world's most populous country could get the virus in the coming months, adding that fatalities would be "unavoidable".
 
Re: China reports second A/H1N1 death

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1084094&lang=eng_news

China says 43-year-old woman dead of swine flu
Associated Press
2009-10-17 11:38 AM

China says a 43-year-old woman has died of swine flue in northwest Qinghai province, the second fatality in the country.

The official Xinhua News Agency did not give details in their report Saturday.

At the beginning of October an 18-year-old woman in the Tibetan capital of Lhasa died of swine flu, China's first fatality from the virus. There have been more than 26,000 cases of swine flu on the mainland.

China has acted aggressively to detect and contain swine flu cases after being accused of failing to move quickly enough to stop the 2003 outbreak of SARS. Despite measures such as strict quarantines, authorities say the virus is spreading from cities into the countryside.
 
Back
Top